The beta of the next version of the Ubuntu Linux operating system has arrived
Nokia's premium 8800 series offers a reasonable list of features in a stylish, metal and glass design. The chic 8800 Arte is almost identical to the Nokia 8800 Sapphire Arte, minus the leather front and rear casing and the sapphire gem stone.
The BenQ R43-PV03 has a lot going for it: it's inexpensive, ships with a dual-core CPU, and sports a good-looking 14.1in screen. At 2.3kg, it's also easy to carry, and a decent choice for anyone who wants a machine for school, work or home use.
With a strong focus on family use, entertainment and media management, the HP Pavilion M9190a is a good choice for homes with plenty of digital media. The combination of its Blu-ray/HD-DVD player with LightScribe DVD functionality, 15-in-1 media card...
Targeting travel enthusiasts and those after a bit more zoom in their life, Panasonic's latest TZ series model, the TZ11, doesn't offer up too many surprises. However that isn't necessarily a bad thing. The intelligent automatic modes have been given...
The Toshiba Tecra A9 (TS52A-OCU03F) is a no-frills notebook built with the business user in mind. Although the unit's design isn't innovative, eye-catching or easily portable, it's very functional and easy to work with.
At the Siggraph 3D trade show last year, two researchers showed off a technique called 'seam carving', for resizing images to different aspect ratios while maintaining the proportions of core elements.
At the end of last year, we reviewed BenQ's Joybook S32 (BV13), an all-purpose notebook that offered an adequate performance across the board. It neither wowed nor disappointed us during the testing process, but remained a reasonably balanced compute...
Amongst its notebook peers, this 3.5kg Versa is an impressive physical specimen that has plenty of substance, too. The big 17in screen, the full-sized keyboard and a wide gamut of connections are just the start, for, on the inside, this desktop repla...
This player's vibrant screen and superior sound are offset by a somewhat high price and quirky menus.
The small, sleek iRiver Clix 2nd Generation has pretty much everything you'd want in a flash-based media player, starting with a beautiful, easy-to-read display and good controls.
SanDisk's networked wonder does a fine job of wedding Wi-Fi capabilities to a solid MP3 player.
Sony has never been shy about introducing new form factors or designs to the market, which is why it's no surprise to see the VAIO TP2 G home entertainment PC roll off the Sony production line and into our living rooms. Shaped like an oversized biscu...
LG's HT762TZ home theatre in a box is a mid-range model in the company's line-up, with a decent amount of power and features for its price. The system's main drawcard is its contemporary styling, with the front and surround speakers mimicking champag...
Featuring an almost identical feature set to the F852, Telstra's latest Next G handset offers a 2-megapixel camera, a TransFlash card slot and a media player. The EasyTouch also boasts touch-sensitive music controls and a convenient home screen featu...
Get your complimentary whitepaper here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 360: Great for the Galaxy S8, not so much for the iPhone
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- TPProject Manager - ProcurementQLD
- FTIT Support / Desktop SupportSA
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW
- FTDesktop Support OfficerSA
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical WriterVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- FTSystems EngineerVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOVIC
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEWA
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- FTManagement AccountantNSW
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - MurwillumbahNSW