The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office issued a final confirmation of a patent awarded to i4i that is at the heart of a dispute with Microsoft and that once threatened the sale of Word software.
The United States Copyright Office ruled that jailbreaking an iPhone is not a copyright violation under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA). Be that as it may, there are still some very good reasons not to jailbreak the iPhone.
Extending protection against unauthorized use of applications, stewards of the Google-backed Android mobile platform Tuesday unveiled a licensing service for applications in the Android Market.
The world is still abuzz over the whistleblower site WikiLeaks, and its publication of more than 75,000 classified documents detailing the war in Afghanistan. WikiLeaks had previously sent the documents, along with 15,000 as yet unpublished files, t...
Intel on Tuesday announced it had developed a prototype interconnect that uses light to speed up data transmission inside computers at the speed of 50 gigabits per second.
SAP reported a 15 percent year-on-year rise in earnings for the second quarter, on revenue up 12 percent. It forecast that underlying revenue growth in its core business of software and software-related services will accelerate following completion o...
Yahoo Japan's decision to replace Microsoft with Google as its main search partner has been met with protest from Microsoft, which called the deal "anticompetitive."
Google has secured a deal to provide search results and related advertising to Yahoo Japan, Japan's most popular Web site, the two companies said Tuesday.
Apple's well-documented control over the iPhone and apps took a major blow this week when the U.S. Library of Congress ruled that people who "jailbreak" phones to add non-Apple approved apps should be exempt from prosecution.
Does iOS 4 draw more juice than iOS 3? Short answer: yes, says Aaron Vronko, CEO of Rapid Repair, an iPhone and iPod repair shop.
When you work in the publishing business, you're often inundated with media releases. And when you work in tech publishing, they're often about hi-tech gear and gadgets.
Lenovo announced some new entry-level servers on Tuesday, continuing its effort to become a bigger player in the server market.
The official StarCraft II Australian launch was in Brisbane, but last night many keen video game fans rocked up at EBGames' George St store in Sydney at midnight to pick up a copy of Blizzard Entertainment's latest flagship game StarCraft II.
Apple's iPhone 4 is just days away from its Australian launch, and the telco price war is heating up. While people in the US got their hands on the iPhone 4 on 24 June, Aussies have been left with hanging until 30 July.
At Comic-Con, Capcom and Namco Bandai announced their next major fighting games, as the former company will be creating Street Figher X Tekken while the latter while be developing Tekken X Street Fighter. In single-universe news, Street Fighter III: ...
Need a collaboration tool for the modern office environment? Read this senior executive's review to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- This week in games: Civilization III for free, Halloween modes shower treats and tricks
- Newegg's selling a 35-inch 2560x1080 curved monitor for $449 today
- Harman Kardon Invoke hands-on: Cortana enters the smart speaker market with a boom
- iPhone 8 Plus vs. LG G6: Which has the best camera in a smartphone?
- Logitech G703 review: A mainstream wireless mouse with some exceptional features
PCW Evaluation Team
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPEL1 Project ManagerACT
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystVIC
- FTPega / BPM DevelopersACT
- TPBusiness Analyst | Utilities | Multiple PositionsQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- FTCommunications Officer (Social Media Focus)Other
- CCBusiness Analyst - SharepointVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Systems Engineer/Veeam SpecialistOther
- FTMerchandise Floor PlannerOther
- FTService Desktop TechnicianOther
- FTNetwork Administrator / Junior Network OperatorOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk Technical LeadOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Banking and FinanceOther
- FTTechnical Delivery Manager - NetworkQLD
- CCPenetration Test AnalystACT
- FTAgile Business Analyst, CXOther
- CCCRM DeveloperWA
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTDevOps ConsultantVIC
- TPSenior Engineer - Data CentreNSW
- CCProject Support OfficerQLD