IT spending has shown some hefty recovery after the economic travails of previous years. According to research from IDC, global sales of software and hardware have recovered from the low point of the recession and, consequently, the analysis company ...
Two senior U.S. lawmakers say they're "troubled" by the collection of personal data at many websites, and they want details on how much data 15 popular sites collect and what the sites do with the data.
Indonesia is continuing to press Research In Motion (RIM) to allow monitoring of BlackBerry data for security reasons, a request made last year but renewed as the Canadian company feels similar pressure from other countries.
Depression-era bank robber Slick Willie Sutton is famous for saying that he robbed banks "because that's where the money is." If he were around today, he'd have other options.
Russian password-cracking company Elcomsoft has released new software that can in some instances figure out the password used to encrypt backed-up iPhone data.
Wednesday's antitrust settlement between Intel and the U.S. Federal Trade Commission sends a strong message to IT companies not to exploit their dominance in a way that squashes competition or deprives consumers of choice, industry observers said.
Hiring for IT jobs continues on the upswing in the U.S. and Canada as recessionary gloom gives way to cautious optimism, according to various recent polls of employers, who cite networking, security, virtualization and database skills as among the mo...
Google today denied reports that it is in talks with Verizon for a deal that could undermine net neutrality.
The office of Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has challenged Shadow Treasurer to explain the Coalition's opposition revealed this afternoon to Labor's controversial internet filter policy.
Adobe today said it would issue an emergency patch the week of Aug. 16 to fix a critical flaw in its Reader and Acrobat software.
Microsoft today said it will deliver a record 14 security updates next week to patch a record-tying 34 vulnerabilities in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Office and Silverlight.
Shadow Treasurer Joe Hockey last night revealed the Coalition would block Labor's mandatory internet filtering policy in parliament, in a move that will signal the death of the controversial project if the Greens control the balance of power in the ...
Google's Android was expected to become the world's second most-used smartphone OS by 2012, after the Symbian OS, but now accelerating sales will help it get there this year, according to analysts.
Dell on Thursday announced the lightweight Inspiron M101z laptop with new technologies including Bluetooth 3.0 wireless capabilities and low-voltage processors from Advanced Micro Devices.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has called off negotiations on a network neutrality compromise scheduled for the coming days, saying the talks have not been fruitful enough.
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerSA
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTSupport OfficerSA
- FTTest CoordinatorACT
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - ForsterNSW
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSSIS / SSRS DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTTeam LeaderSA
- FTSenior DBANSW
- FTManual TesterACT
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerNSW
- FTProgramme ManagerACT
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Analyst- Port MacquarieQLD
- FTSAP ISU Billing Consultant - FunctionalVIC
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD