Japan's K Computer has retained its pole position on the Top500 list of fastest supercomputers and become the first machine on the list to achieve performance of more than 10 petaflops.
With an eye to bringing power efficiency to high-performance systems, a prototype supercomputer with quad-core ARM processors is being built at the Barcelona Supercomputing Center in Spain.
Tibco is giving its Spotfire BI (business intelligence) and visualization tool an injection of social collaboration through integrations with Microsoft SharePoint and its own Tibbr enterprise social networking product, the company announced Monday.
Intel on Monday announced what it called its fastest chip to date for PCs, the six-core Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition processor, which is based on the Sandy Bridge microarchitecture and designed for use in high-end desktops.
IBM has reached a deal with Chinese electronics retailer Suning Appliance to build research centers in China and the U.S. meant to develop e-commerce products for the company.
After a brief delay and more than a year of chatter, Advanced Micro Devices has announced the availability of its first 16-core Opteron server chips, which pack the largest number of cores available on x86 chips today.
Some users are claiming that iOS 5.0.1 hasn't fixed issues with battery life that it was supposed to remedy.
An online family scrapbook company in San Francisco, 1000memories, is collecting oral histories from World War II veterans in Yountville, California, to share with the Library of Congress.
RightScale is adding OpenStack and SoftLayer to the list of cloud services that can be managed from its RightScale Cloud Management Platform.
The U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee will conduct a hearing on the controversial copyright enforcement bill, the Stop Online Piracy Act, on Wednesday, the committee has announced.
Walmart could start letting shoppers buy products in the aisles and skip the checkout line, but the world's largest retailer needs to find out how that would improve the customer experience, the company's e-commerce chief said Thursday.
Salesforce.com has hired former Oracle and SAP executive John Wookey, adding a seasoned software-development executive to its ranks at a time of rapid growth in both revenue and its breadth of offerings.
For all of the concern around Duqu, the most discussed piece of malicious software since Stuxnet, the latest analysis of its code shows its writers have a sense of humor.
With Nvidia and Cisco reporting results, there was some good news on the chip and networking front this week that, with the help of a successful debt offering by Italy that eased economic concerns, helped fuel a rise in IT vendors' shares Friday morn...
Oracle is set to pay $US35 million to roughly 1,725 workers in order to settle a class-action suit brought against it over overtime pay and meal-break issues dating back to 2003.
Top tips to finding the right security solution for your needs
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- TPJava DeveloperNSW
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - ArmidaleNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTProject Manager (Rail/Control Signals)Other
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Technical LeadQLD
- FTICT System TrainersACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTAutomation SpecialistOther
- FTInstructional Designer - Digital, e-Learning, GovOther
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)Other
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerceOther
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTFront End Developer | 6- 12mths ContractOther
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- FTIT Field Services ManagerOther
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- FTContract ManagerACT
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTDigital Marketing Executive / Content ProducerOther
- CCMigration Project ManagerNSW