Losses grew at Motorola in the fourth quarter as regulatory investigations into its proposed acquisition by Google drag on, legal battles pile up and competition grows.
Bucking the trend of increasingly experimental desktop interfaces, the developers behind the Linux Mint are adopting a simpler desktop for the next version of the open-source Linux distribution.
Google's decision this week to share user data across its online services has caught the attention of eight members of the U.S. House of Representatives, with the lawmakers asking whether the changes will compromise privacy.
Washington's attorney general announced two new lawsuits against Adscend Media, a company that allegedly has been earning US$20 million a year using a Facebook scam.
If a new proposal by Oracle is accepted, oversight of Java technical standards will fall under the auspices of a single committee, rather than the current system, which has separate entities for Java EE/SE and ME.
Google+ is now officially welcoming teenagers and tailoring the experience of the social networking site for them by making it more restrictive and potentially safer.
Cloud security vendor Zscaler has launched a new free-to-use online service called <a href="http://zulu.zscaler.com">Zulu</a> that can assess the security risk associated with URLs by analyzing the content they point to, as well as the reputation of ...
Intel on Thursday said it had agreed to purchase RealNetworks streaming media patents and video codecs in a bid to improve the multimedia experience delivered through devices based on its chips.
The European Union signed up to the controversial Anti Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) on Thursday despite widespread opposition, particularly in Poland, where people took to the streets in protest.
The European Parliament's website fell under a distributed denial-of-service attack (DDOS) on Thursday in what the organization classified as retaliation for the shutdown of the Megaupload file-sharing site and an anti-counterfeiting trade agreement.
One year after announcing her intention to develop a European Cloud Computing Strategy, Europe's Digital Agenda Commissioner Neelie Kroes Thursday made a first cash commitment to the initiative.
Though smartphone sales were strong, AT&T on Thursday reported a net loss in the fourth quarter of 2011 due to extraordinary charges including a breakup fee for the thwarted merger with T-Mobile USA.
Security vendor Symantec has advised users of its pcAnywhere remote control software to disable it, because hackers with access to the product's source code could exploit security holes identified in the application.
European regulators have dropped a legal case against the U.K. over failure to implement ePrivacy laws, saying that changes in the country's legislation mean it is now looking after the online privacy rights of its citizens.
Nokia's sales dropped and losses increased during the fourth quarter, as sales of Symbian-based smartphones suffered and Windows Phones got started.
Top tips to finding the right security solution for your needs
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- OnePlus 5 review: This mid-range Android phone is speedy inside, but stale outside
- PNY GTX 1080 Ti XLR8 OC review: A gorgeous graphics card with great value
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- The critical importance of STEAM education
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTiOS Developer/Team LeadOther
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTICT Programme Director – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystQLD
- CCReporting Analyst - Telco Network Projects - Contract - North SydneyNSW
- FTQuality Assurance Specialist | 50 p/hrOther
- FTICT TrainerOther
- FTAccount Manager (Infrastructure Transition) - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- CCIT Partner Relationship ManagerNSW
- FTSenior DevOps Consultant, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCDeveloper - ASP.Net - Sencha Ext JSVIC
- CCOn-boarding SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTSiebel Design AnalystOther
- TPAnalyst ProgrammerSA
- FTITIL Change Management SpecialistOther
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FTE Learning Web DesignerWA
- FTLead API DeveloperNSW
- FTSales / Account ManagerOther
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW