After months of restricted demonstrations, Microsoft is opening up tablets and PCs based on ARM processors with the Windows 8 OS to developer scrutiny, multiple companies said on Wednesday.
Minix, the Unix operating system that inspired Linus Torvalds to create Linux, has been expanded to give users a wider range of commands and features, thanks in large part to a Google Summer of Code project from last year.
Google's top advertising executive, Susan Wojcicki, said on Wednesday that Google's biggest innovations over the next several years will be in personalized search results and ads.
Transparency about the personal data that mobile applications collect may be at the top of the agenda as the U.S. Department of Commerce begins work on privacy codes of conduct for online businesses.
NTT DoCoMo, Japan's largest mobile operator, said Wednesday it had invested US$14 million in Eye-Fi, the maker of Wi-Fi-enabled memory cards.
How much would you work out for $10?
A Texas man who sold supposed backup copies of Adobe Systems, Microsoft and Autodesk software through multiple websites has been sentenced to serve nearly five years in prison and ordered to pay more than US$402,000 in restitution, the U.S. Departmen...
Quad-core processors and big screens are getting most of the attention at Mobile World Congress, but a feature that is getting more common on new smartphones is HD Voice.
The growing startup scene in southeast Asia is a bit different than its counterpart in Silicon Valley.
Anyone can take Windows 8 for a spin now that Microsoft has launched the so-called "consumer preview" version of the software at an event in Barcelona on Wednesday.
Qualcomm has released a version of its development kit for augmented reality apps, which from now on will be marketed under the Vuforia brand name.
When Windows 8's beta version becomes available for download on Wednesday, Microsoft expects many enterprises to jump at the chance to give the new operating system a test drive, but some industry analysts doubt that there will be much interest among...
Microsoft's Azure cloud infrastructure and development service experienced a serious outage on Wednesday, with the system's service management component going down worldwide starting at 1:45 a.m. GMT.
Toshiba will start shipping its Excite LE tablet next week, which the company claims will be the thinnest tablet yet.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Titan Souls is free for Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime subscribers
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPSenior Business Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSupport OfficerSA
- CCSQL Server DBA - Gold CoastQLD
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- CCSenior Digital BANSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Office 365) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPDelivery Coordinator - ProjectsQLD
- FTLevel 1 Support OfficerQLD
- TPPrimary Support Officer (Level 1)VIC
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTData Analyst/ Reporting AnalystQLD
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst / Test CoordinatorQLD
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Data EngineerNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTMobile Apps TesterWA
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOACT