Apache Hadoop users will soon be able to analyze data as it is streamed from its source, thanks to a partnership between data-warehouse software provider Informatica and Hadoop distributor MapR.
A Chinese electronics vendor is appealing a court ruling to stop its iPad sales, as Apple fights to prevent local authorities from banning the iconic tablet in the country over a trademark dispute.
U.S. prosecutors have filed papers seeking the extradition of Kim Dotcom, founder of Megaupload and three colleagues, who are charged in the U.S. with allegedly running a criminal enterprise responsible for online piracy of numerous types of copyrigh...
Hey, parents, if your kids really want an iPad--but you'd rather not shell out $500 for a delicate device that isn't Juicy Juice-proof--consider the Child Pad, a 7-inch tablet that runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Windows 8 may seem like a radical change from what came before it, but some of the stuff Microsoft has cooking in its research labs makes Windows 8 look boring by comparison.
Here are some of the best Metro-Style Windows 8 apps - optimised for touchscreens, but functional with mouses and keyboards.
Intel suffered a setback in the server market this week with the news that its former partner, SeaMicro, is being acquired by AMD. But the world's top chip maker said it was internally developing technology to remain competitive in the dense server m...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission is seeking public comments on whether it's ever appropriate for law enforcement agencies to shut down mobile networks in the name of public safety, as Bay Area Rapid Transit did last August.
Earnings season has essentially ended, but Yelp's initial public offering Friday, Apple's record high share price and a strong market for IT stocks are giving tech investors plenty to get excited about.
PHP, one of the most widely used languages for building websites, has been updated with a number of improvements to ease development and speed performance.
Google Apps customers are finding it hard to delete and reactivate domains in their accounts, after Google unexpectedly disabled the automated mechanism for performing these tasks in mid-January.
An Oregon man has been convicted of seven courts of wire fraud for helping thousands of people steal Internet service, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
The judge overseeing Oracle's intellectual property lawsuit against Google wants Oracle to provide "a clear answer" as to why the trial shouldn't be postponed until a number of patent reexamination processes are fully played out, according to a filin...
Apple and Samsung Electronics each saw patent lawsuits they had filed against one another dismissed by a German court on Friday. Samsung expects to appeal its dismissal.
Established vendors such as HTC, Sony and LG Electronics want to set their smartphones apart from less expensive devices from ZTE and Huawei. But as looks and hardware specifications are becoming more similar and software differentiation harder, havi...
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer (Cisco ASA) - Professional Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCCloud Engineer - Multiple roles - AWS/AzureVIC
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- FTApplication Support EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTWeb Content WriterACT
- CCProject Manager Information ManagementQLD
- TPTechnical AnalystVIC
- CCXML DeveloperVIC
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSAP ISU Billing Consultant - FunctionalVIC
- FTDealing Room Support Analyst - IPC voiceNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCEnd to End Project ManagerVIC
- FTImplementation Engineer - Cisco UCSWA
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence Test ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Developer - API - Data ReportingNSW
- FTDevelopment and Delivery Manager - CloudACT
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC