Social discovery apps, which alert users to potential social contacts in their proximity, are hot at this year's South by Southwest Interactive conference, so organizers tapped Andrea Vaccari of Glancee to give a last-minute overview of them.
Mobile payments will become ubiquitous -- really, this time -- in the next few years, according to a panel discussion at the SXSW conference Saturday.
A worldwide recall of Lenovo ThinkCentre all-in-one PCs has reached Australia, with buyers of the ThinkCentre M90z advised to immediately unplug their computers due to a potential fire risk.
Enterprise software vendor Quest Software is becoming a private company, and is also seeking a buyer, the company announced Friday.
Two new Oracle user group surveys show that customers have a mixed bag of plans for ERP (enterprise resource planning) application upgrades, with concerns over expiring support windows cited as the leading impetus for ongoing or upcoming projects.
Cloud computing price cuts by Google, Amazon and now Microsoft may indicate that businesses are discovering that moving to the cloud doesn't always save costs.
The story of this Sony factory, which took the full brunt of a powerful tsunami that washed through a year ago, reflects that of much of Japan's north-eastern coast - abrupt tragedy, battled with ingenuity and stoic resolve, and now grim economic rea...
U.S. President Barack Obama has appointed Todd Park as the new CTO for the U.S. government.
So far this year, the technology sector is off to its best start in the stock market since 2000, right before the dot-com bubble burst, and even though analysts have been forecasting just modest growth in IT spending, there appear to be reasons for c...
OnLive, a company that recently began offering hosted Windows and Office software remotely from its servers to iPad and Android tablet users, is in violation of Microsoft licensing rules, according to a Microsoft official.
Proposed European laws on data protection have come under fire from both sides this week.
Internet Explorer 9 was the second browser to succumb to white-hat hackers during the Pwn2Own contest at the CanSecWest security conference in Vancouver.
Google has patched a critical Chrome vulnerability disclosed Wednesday at the CanSecWest security conference in Vancouver that can be exploited to escape from a browser's secure sandbox.
Name: Dennis Shelden
Intelligent Apps' myTaxi won €25,000 (US$33,000) plus two years of mentoring as the top prize among 50 contestants in CODE_n12 competition at the Cebit trade show.
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HTC's Vive VR headset will use WiGig to ditch its cumbersome cables
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Intel's massive 18-core Core i9 chip starts a bloody battle for enthusiast PCs
- In Win's Winbot is a robotic interactive PC case
- Nvidia's Max-Q finally gives you GeForce GTX 1080 graphics in a thin-and-light laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTUAT CoordinatorQLD
- FTService Implementation Manager BIMNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- CCICT Security Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Data EngineerVIC
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCChange ManagerWA
- FTGraphics Designer / UI DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- FTProject Manager HFC Capacity ManagementVIC