In less than two weeks, genealogists and historians will get their first chance to begin combing the 1940 U.S. census for more clues about what life was like in the early part of the past century.
From the hum of an old car's engine to the galunk! of a fictional plumber's fireball, sounds have an amazing ability to transport us back in time. Even just a two-second pop is often enough to bring back powerful memories of people, places, and objec...
Nearly three decades after its initial introduction, the Amiga personal computer has been given a makeover with a new design and some of the latest computing technologies.
A T-Mobile call center consolidation will cost 1,900 people their jobs, as the company works through a restructuring following the failure of AT&T's proposed acquisition of the smaller operator.
U.S. Cellular joined the ranks of U.S. carriers with commercial LTE service on Thursday, launching the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 as its first LTE-capable device.
Face recognition, voice identification, and augmented reality can enrich the mobile experience - but they can also be abused in scary ways
Today's large-scale data analysis may be a high-tech undertaking, but smart data scientists can improve their craft by observing how simple low-tech picture puzzles are solved, said an IBM scientist at the GigaOm conference.
World Tech Update
World Tech Update
U.S. Senate legislation that would require mobile apps to get permission to check the geolocation of a user is among the bills that make up trade group NetChoice's latest list of "awful" bills for e-commerce.
Google has beefed up the security of its cloud hosted services for developers by making several of them able to authenticate interactions with applications using certificate-based Service Accounts.
Facebook now automatically displays shared photos at their highest possible resolution for users on a desktop and offers a full-screen viewing option, the company announced Thursday.
Eucalyptus has become far more attractive to enterprises wishing to build private clouds, now that the number-one cloud provider -- Amazon Web Services -- has thrown its weight behind the software company.
A group of U.S. Internet service providers, including the four largest, have committed to taking new steps to combat three major cybersecurity threats, based on recommendations from a U.S. Federal Communications Commission advisory committee.
Did the recent contentious debate over two controversial copyright enforcement bills leave you feeling soiled? An entrepreneur Kickstarter.com wants to help -- by printing the texts of the Stop Online Piracy Act and the Protect IP Act on toilet paper...
Get complimentary strategy guide here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- TPNetwork and Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCCCNP Network EngineerVIC
- FTSupport Analyst - TallymanVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTData Analyst | $51 p/hrVIC
- FTSenior Unix/Linux EngineerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCXML DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTSenior DBANSW
- CCDevOps Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTData Analyst - SASNSW
- TPSenior Web Developer/Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- TPAV Design Specialist - Newcastle BasedNSW