Responding to user demand, Microsoft now allows projects using its CodePlex open source code repository to use the increasingly popular Git version-control system built by Linux creator Linus Torvalds.
Asetek this week revived the promise of bringing liquid cooling to laptops, which the company is pitching as an alternative to noisy fans.
Spigit, an enterprise social collaboration vendor whose software helps companies with idea generation and management, has raised US$15.2 million in its latest funding round and plans to use the money in part to boost its partner roster and launch a n...
A Rome court has upheld a €900,000 (US$1.2 million) fine imposed on Apple last December by Italy's Antitrust Authority for circumventing consumer protection laws, Italian media reported Friday.
The European Parliament looks set to reject an agreement with the U.S. to hand over personal data of airline passengers.
The Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) is urging workers at the European Parliament not to accept free licenses to Microsoft programs, saying it would be a breach of ethics.
LTE phone shipments will grow tenfold to reach 67 million units in 2012, making it a breakout year for the 4G technology, Strategy Analytics said on Friday.
European Union regulators have warned Germany that it must implement the controversial Data Retention Directive within one month or face legal action and possible fines.
A science institute in central Japan says it has devised a system to stop eel fraud using cheap DNA testing, as the summer surge in the foodstuff's popularity approaches amid a scarce local catch.
Japan's Elpida Memory, the world's third-largest maker of DRAM, said Friday it will officially begin reorganization proceedings and submit a final plan by August, amid reports that several large semiconductor makers would bid to offer funds and becom...
Panasonic will launch a new line of rice cookers from June that can save recipes and settings online, using touch-card technology to sync with an Android phone running a special app.
European mid-size businesses are not doing enough to protect their sensitive data, and need to take employee-related information security threats more seriously, according to a study sponsored by Iron Mountain.
High Tech Computer (HTC) will participate in its first ever keynote address at the Computex Taipei trade show in June, marking a rare appearance by the smartphone maker in what has traditionally been an event geared toward PC vendors.
Foxconn's contract handset manufacturing arm returned to a net profit in 2011, after the company streamlined its operations during the year to better manage production costs.
Facebook has reportedly acquired patents from IBM, a move that could help it shore up defenses against new patent infringement lawsuits ahead of its IPO.
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Titan Souls is free for Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime subscribers
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTImplementation Engineer - NetApp DATA ONTAPWA
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTSalesforce Marketing ConsultantNSW
- CCConsultant - Hogan Health CheckQLD
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- FTICT SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Systems EngineerQLD
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- TPDelivery Coordinator - ProjectsQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- TPProject Manager | Applications and Project InitiationQLD
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT
- FTCustomer Service OperatorVIC
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTHR Learning Management ExpertNSW
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- CCTesting Manager - Energy sectorVIC