More than 600,000 Macs have been infected with a new version of the Flashback Trojan horse that's being installed on people's computers with the help of Java exploits, security researchers from Russian antivirus vendor Doctor Web said on Wednesday.
A total of 439 million households around the world had installed a Wi-Fi-based home network at the end of 2011, equivalent to 25 percent of all households, according to market research company Strategy Analytics.
Google is deprecating the Master/Slave Datastore used by its cloud platform App Engine in favor of the High-Replication Datastore (HRD), which offers better reliability, the company said in blog post on Wednesday.
Samsung Electronics has started mass producing a microSD card that uses an Ultra High Speed-1 (UHS-1) interface to improve data transfer speeds, the company said on Wednesday.
India's Supreme Court has declined to review its earlier order to cancel 122 mobile licenses in 22 service areas, that will affect the Indian joint ventures of Telenor, Emirates Telecommunications, NTT DoCoMo and Sistema.
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison claims his company will continue to bet on selling high-end custom hardware for its software products, even amidst a growing trend toward roomfuls of cheap, generic servers.
Vizzuality launched an open-source data-mapping tool CartoDB this week, promising an easy and customizable way for users to display their geospatial data.
Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 comes in third in our 2012 roundup of security suites. But although it earned the bronze overall, it captured the highest rating in our malware detection, blocking, and removal tests. Those fantastic results, combin...
If you're casting someone to play the late-Steve Jobs, what qualities would you look for? Enigmatic? Ruthless? Sneaky? Clever? Charismatic? All of the above? Among today's leading men, here are 10 who could portray the iconic Apple CEO, for better or...
Sprint on Wednesday introduced the HTC Evo 4G LTE smartphone, adding a new phone to a stable of devices that will be compatible with the carrier's high-speed network when it launches soon in the U.S.
Apple's next-generation iPhone will launch in June, according to a recruiter working at a Foxconn factory in China.
Apple is said to be ramping up production of a MacBook Air-style MacBook Pro, with a new thinner and lighter 15-inch model set to launch by mid April.
With Instagram's arrival on Android, some snobbish iPhone users are making their disdain known for the new users who they claim are crowding and disrupting the Instagram social order.
Could Apple be about to ditch Google maps in the next iOS update? A supposedly leaked image of a map claimed to be from iOS 6 has appeared. The image is from the Watercolor tiles for OpenStreetMap.
The Nokia Lumia 900 might be the best Windows Phone so far, but it's still no match to the iPhone or the high-end Android smartphones, according to initial reviews of the device.
Get your complimentary whitepaper here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- CCSystems Analyst- Port MacquarieQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - Change and Process ImprovementQLD
- CCData ArchitectWA
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- FTData ScientistACT
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSupport Analyst - TallymanVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCDisaster Recovery SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTSupport OfficerSA
- FTDevops EngineerVIC