The bidding war for storage vendor 3PAR continued to escalate Friday, with Hewlett-Packard submitting a new offer of US$30 per share, or $2 billion. The offer topped a $27 per share bid made by Dell earlier in the day.
Amazon's Kindle e-book reader and Apple's iPad tablet have a lot more in common than you'd think. Both devices have sparked a revolution in mobile computing, are selling like hotcakes, and brought e-books to the masses.
The most significant breach of U.S. military computers ever was carried out in 2008 by W32.SillyFDC, a low-level-threat worm that got into the network via a thumb drive plugged into a military laptop.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has settled a complaint it made against a public relations firm accused of using employees to pose as ordinary customers to post reviews of video games on Apple's iTunes store, the agency said Thursday.
Google made a news splash when it introduced a new VoIP functionality to Gmail yesterday. Gmail users based in the United States can now dial other Gmail users and accept calls from them right from their computer-a seemingly cool feature and thrifty ...
Despite recent insinuations that female protagonists may negatively impact game sales, a recent study held by the EEDAR (Electronic Entertainment Design and Research) shows that this current generation boasts more playable female characters than ever...
Microsoft is still refusing to showcase Hyper-V at VMworld in protest of VMware rules that Microsoft believes are designed to limit competition, but that doesn't mean the Microsoft hype machine will abstain from anti-VMware marketing.
Apple will stick to its practice of revamping its iPod line next week, but other moves, including possible tweaks to its Apple TV box, will likely be minor, a Wall Street analyst said.
With Microsoft and Yahoo officially teaming up in the search market this week, it's time to wait and see if this move could eat into Google's hearty lead over its top opponents.
Facebook announced that it is ending support for Internet Explorer 6. Granted, it is only pulling the plug on IE6 in its chat function, but the move by Facebook is the latest effort to shift away from the outdated browser that refuses to die.
Microsoft has given web users a sneak peak of what Internet Explorer 9 will look like ahead of the launch of an IE9 beta on September 15.
Mozilla this week said it's unlikely that the final version of Firefox 4 will run on older Macs equipped with PowerPC processors.
In a rare break for LimeWire, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) last week decided to drop its investigation into the embattled software company's controversial Peer-to-Peer file sharing software.
The U.S. military wants to exert more influence over the protection of power grids, transportation networks and financial network systems, a Pentagon official says in a broad-ranging essay published in Foreign Affairs.
Intel considered acquiring either Symantec or McAfee for years before it announced> last week that it would buy the latter, former Intel senior vice president Pat Gelsinger said on Thursday.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Titan Souls is free for Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime subscribers
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSystems Analyst- Port MacquarieQLD
- FTDIRECTOR PROJECT DELIVERY, WELLINGTONNZ
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- FTReport Developer and Visualisation AnalystQLD
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager (Office 365) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOACT
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTCapacity ManageSA
- TPTraining and Support Officer - Windows 10QLD
- CCSenior Communications Advisor - Australian TelcoVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCTransport EngineerVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSolution Architect with Magento experience wantedVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystSA
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC