Like many Windows 8 users, I spend most of my time using Desktop mode, which affords me a more Windows 7-like experience.
Reformatting and restoring a PC is not fun--in the way spending 2 hours in the dentist's chair is not fun. You have to back up all your data (and pray that you haven't forgotten anything), reformat the hard drive, install Windows, track down missing ...
With all the many compelling reasons for a company to switch to Linux on the desktop, it's no wonder that businesses large and small are increasingly relying on the free and open source operating system.
Keyboard shortcuts are wonderful time-savers but many of us are either too accustomed to the mouse or too lazy to get beyond Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.
Maybe you didn't get the memo: Tomorrow marks the end of patches for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).
The Windows screen on Viksvet's laptop flipped sideways. The Answer Line forum offered help.
Cedric Crawley wants to keep Windows 7 and his applications in one partition, and his data in another.
When you pop an audio CD into your PC's drive, your media player software (iTunes, Windows Media Player, or whatever) downloads this information from an online database.
Disk partitioning--separating one physical hard drive into multiple independent volumes--can relieve all sorts of computer-related headaches, and thanks to the Disk Management tool included with Windows 7 and Vista, you can perform the task without e...
Windows turned drive F: into drive G:, so the PC's owner asked the <a href="http://forums.pcworld.com/index.php?/forum/2024-answer-line/">Answer Line forum</a> how to change it back.
Widescreen monitors are great for watching movies and organizing windows side-by-side, but a lot of time the space goes to waste. This week I've got a great tip that's particularly applicable to laptop and netbook users: Move the Windows taskbar to t...
Windows doesn't have a very good memory. I mean, when I reboot my system, it doesn't even remember the folders I had open!
For the last couple months I've been troubleshooting a vexing problem on my new quad-core HP desktop: Roughly once per week, the machine would start running as slow as molasses.
When we last left our intrepid blogger (way back on Friday), he'd pointed the finger at Vista's Disk Defragmenter and cried, "J'accuse!"
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Why is the iPhone having an existential crisis? | The iPhone Show
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTSenior Developer / Architect - PermanentWA
- CCWireless Network ArchitectQLD
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Strategic Business Analyst - Modernisation ProgramNSW
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTService Desk Consultant - Level 2Other
- FTProject Coordinator / Junior Project ManagerNSW
- FTLean Six Sigma - Change ConsultantOther
- FTInternal Recruitment Coordinator - ITOther
- FTSenior Network Engineer/ DesignerOther
- FTRelease and Deployment ManagerOther
- TPTest ManagerNSW
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- TPDigital ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperQLD
- FTRelocate to Perth for Software Engineering RolesSA
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTRelocate to Perth for Technology OpportunitiesQLD
- FTDigital Records ManagerACT
- FTSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonOther
- CCIT Partner Relationship ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist)SA