On the eve of the first anniversary of Windows 7's launch, Microsoft today said the operating system has exceeded its expectations.
To compete with Apple's iPhone and the Android army, Microsoft needed to pull out all the stops to sell Windows Phone 7 to the masses. Windows Mobile has a miserable reputation as being not user-friendly and slow. Throw in the Microsoft Kin failure, ...
Oracle should piggyback on Microsoft's update service to boost users' chances of running a patched version of Java, a security expert said today.
Ericuse165 asked the Windows forum which is better: the 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 7.
One of the things I miss about Windows Vista -- okay, the only thing I miss about Vista -- is the Sidebar. Much as I applaud Microsoft's decision to liberate its desktop gadgets, to make it so you can position them anywhere you like, did it have to b...
Windows 7 has been a homerun for Microsoft -- becoming the fastest selling operating system of all time. But, there are still many organizations that can't seem to make the switch from Windows XP due to reliance on legacy applications that aren't com...
With the arrival of Ubuntu 10.10, the list of reasons to try Linux for your business just got a little longer. The free and open source operating system is now more user-friendly than it's ever been before while still offering the many security and o...
Microsoft does not have immediate plans to port the Windows Phone 7 mobile OS to tablets, a company official said on Monday.
After attending Microsoft's announcement of its new Windows Phone 7 OS and looking at the three new AT&T phones it had on display, I'm putting my money on the Samsung Focus as the hottest new Windows Phone 7 smartphone of the group.
There are just hours to go before Microsoft launches the first round of Windows Phone 7 devices Monday and anticipation is mounting. In a run-up to the Microsoft launch the software giant may have already leaked the official availability date for Win...
The Linux and Mac operating systems fill a relative niche in the world of technology, yet that has never stopped loyal followers of either platform from being a very vocal minority Quixotically tilting at windmills and proudly asserting the superiori...
Steve Ballmer has been CEO of Microsoft for more than a decade, and it seems he's spent much of that time fighting off speculation that Microsoft should fire him.
In what will surely provide a boost to Google's Android platform outside the smartphone arena, computer maker Acer reportedly announced on Wednesday that all of its upcoming dual-core netbooks will run both Android and Windows 7.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is highly skilled at being "a little cocky" as he trumpets the global desktop dominance of his company's Windows operating system.
Microsoft today said it will deliver a record 16 security updates next week to patch a whopping 49 vulnerabilities in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Office and SharePoint.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's excellent C920 webcam is just $50 today
- Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X review: A good gaming headset with one killer flaw
- Sennheiser GSP 350 review: A gaming headset that sounds a lot better than it looks
- Sennheiser Game Zero review: This headset's sound quality justifies its price
- Acer's gorgeous 35-inch UW-QHD curved monitor is available for preorder at $1,100
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant - SharePoint developerQLD
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Magento DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCProcess Improvement AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCGraduate DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTInformation Security ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- TPSQL Database AdministratorNSW
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC