An HTC exec may have inadvertently confirmed that Windows Phone 7 is coming in October.
Mobile application developers will now have access to the full suite of Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 tools following the release of the company's final Windows Phone 7 Developer Tools.
Windows Phone 7 devices coming this fall will initially work with GSM carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but will not include carriers of CDMA technology, which include Verizon Wireless and Sprint Nextel.
Well, well -- it looks like Apple isn't the only phone-maker saying no-no to the naughty-naughty.
Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS will regain some of the smartphone market share it has lost recently - but will still be in last place in 2014, according to research firm IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker.
Telstra and Microsoft gave journalists tantalising glimpses this week of how and when the software giant's upcoming range of Windows Phone 7 handsets might launch in Australia -- but without adding any real substantive meat to their local launch plan...
Microsoft is preparing for the launch of its new Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system and Marketplace app store by releasing the final version of the Windows Phone Developer Tools on 17 September.
Microsoft says that it has more than 300,000 downloads of beta tools for developers creating applications for its Windows Phone 7 app store, which is set to compete with the app-laden marketplaces for the iPhone and Android phones.
The Windows Phone Developer Tools have been downloaded more than 300,000 times, Microsoft said, as the company prepares to offer a new application store and mobile operating system.
Microsoft unveiled the first wave of games for the Windows 7 smartphone operating system on Tuesday at the GamesCom 2010 conference in Cologne, Germany.
HTC-related leaks are coming quick and fast at the moment. First we were fed the apparent specs of HTC's Desire HD smartphone, otherwise known as the HTC Ace. A day later the tech world was abuzz with the release of an alleged hands-on video of the D...
South Korea's LG Electronics will launch its first smartphone designed around Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 software by the end of September and will follow with more by the end of the year, a company representative said Wednesday.
Microsoft announced a broader release of the latest build of its Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system, and it's getting good reviews from developers. The company also says it started shipping thousands of prototype handsets to software developers ...
Making a critical move in mobile application development, Microsoft on Monday shipped a beta version of its Windows&nbsp; Phone 7 Developer Tools, but early reaction from some developers was tepid.
Lose your phone much? If so, you may want to consider one running Windows Phone 7 (WP7) for your next replacement.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD
- FTProject Manager - Accountin Finance and AssetWA
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- TPProgram Governance Lead (PMO)VIC
- FTData Analyst/ Reporting AnalystQLD
- FTlevel 2/3 SupportVIC
- TPNetwork and Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTWeb Developer - 2 PositionsQLD
- FT.NET Web DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTQlikview Developer | Contract 6-12mthVIC
- FTDemand Release ManagerNSW
- FTDealing Room Support Analyst - IPC voiceNSW
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- FTSystems EngineerVIC
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Nowra BasedNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW