If you have a PC running Windows 7 or 8.1 and the latest silicon from AMD or Intel, your updates are soon to be blocked.
These Windows keyboard shortcuts will take you beyond the basics.
Security firm Cybereason recently announced a free anti-ransomware program for Windows 7 and up, RansomwareFree.
Futuremark's new VRMark benchmark can tell you if your PC's capable of running virtual reality experiences.
In what appears to be a reversal of its January position, Microsoft now says that Skylake PCs running Windows 7 and Windows 8 will be covered through the normal support periods.
In what appears to be a dramatic change to Microsoft's downgrade policy, a spokeswoman says that the time to revert back to an earlier version of Windows is now just 10 days.
It's almost like the Windows 10 restriction was completely arbitrary from the get-go.
Desktop computers aren't the bulky towers they used to be. Here are six mini PCs that fit in the palm of your hand and will change how you think about PCs.
Microsoft has announced that its Surface 3 tablet will be available to purchase in stores from 5 May 2015 and on pre-order from today. Its price tag is $699 for the entry level model, and it’s a tablet that’s designed to appeal to those of you who wa...
Kogan, the young upstart that once offered small Linux-based notebooks under its own name, has re-entered the laptop market with a budget 15.6in model that runs Windows 8.1.
If you've been itching to get your hands on an inexpensive tablet that runs Windows 8.1, then check out your local Target store on September 25. That's when a little Intel-based tablet with the brand name of Pendo goes on sale.
Reports about the next major Windows release keep getting better and better. It looks like Microsoft has finally come to its senses and will dump the Charms bar in Windows 9 (also known as Threshold) slated for release next spring. Even better, Micro...
You heard right, devout desktop lovers: The Start menu is coming back to Windows, Microsoft operating system head Terry Myerson announced at Build.
Windows 8.1 and Office Home on an 8-inch touchscreen tablet for under $300
Before you install Windows 8.1, make sure you understand the gotchas and how not to get bit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HTC U Play phone: full, in-depth review
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in US citizens' emails, texts
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTProject Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager (Wealth)NSW
- FTMidrange Application Developer (.Net)ACT
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- FTProject Engineer - Newcastle BasedNSW