A website with an image directory that uses $MFT in its name is enough to crash Windows 7 and 8 PCs.
If you have a PC running Windows 7 or 8.1 and the latest silicon from AMD or Intel, your updates are soon to be blocked.
These Windows keyboard shortcuts will take you beyond the basics.
Security firm Cybereason recently announced a free anti-ransomware program for Windows 7 and up, RansomwareFree.
Futuremark's new VRMark benchmark can tell you if your PC's capable of running virtual reality experiences.
In what appears to be a reversal of its January position, Microsoft now says that Skylake PCs running Windows 7 and Windows 8 will be covered through the normal support periods.
In what appears to be a dramatic change to Microsoft's downgrade policy, a spokeswoman says that the time to revert back to an earlier version of Windows is now just 10 days.
It's almost like the Windows 10 restriction was completely arbitrary from the get-go.
Desktop computers aren't the bulky towers they used to be. Here are six mini PCs that fit in the palm of your hand and will change how you think about PCs.
Microsoft has announced that its Surface 3 tablet will be available to purchase in stores from 5 May 2015 and on pre-order from today. Its price tag is $699 for the entry level model, and it’s a tablet that’s designed to appeal to those of you who wa...
Kogan, the young upstart that once offered small Linux-based notebooks under its own name, has re-entered the laptop market with a budget 15.6in model that runs Windows 8.1.
If you've been itching to get your hands on an inexpensive tablet that runs Windows 8.1, then check out your local Target store on September 25. That's when a little Intel-based tablet with the brand name of Pendo goes on sale.
Reports about the next major Windows release keep getting better and better. It looks like Microsoft has finally come to its senses and will dump the Charms bar in Windows 9 (also known as Threshold) slated for release next spring. Even better, Micro...
You heard right, devout desktop lovers: The Start menu is coming back to Windows, Microsoft operating system head Terry Myerson announced at Build.
Windows 8.1 and Office Home on an 8-inch touchscreen tablet for under $300
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- Doom's free DLC unleashes hell on hard drives as a ludicrously large update
- Best password managers of 2017: Reviews of the top products
- True Key by Intel Security review: This password manager wants to eliminate passwords
- 1Password review: Capable password manager is missing some key features
- Sticky Password review: Strong features behind a bare-bones interface
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork Engineer - Level 2ACT
- CCStorage SpecialistVIC
- FTSales / Account ManagerOther
- TPSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTPlatform/Technology Manager | Security & GovernanceOther
- FTJunior-Mid level Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCGuidewire Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- CCProject Manager - Panviva Knowledge Management Project - TelcoVIC
- TPTest AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness Process AnalystVIC
- CCExecutive Desktop SupportWA
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | AI & AutomationOther
- FTLevel 3- Production Support Team LeaderACT
- CCBusiness Support/Project AdministratorVIC
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD
- TPPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSalesforce DeveloperOther
- FTProject Manager-Rail/ Telecommunication /Electrical engineeringOther
- TPBusiness Analyst - Workplace Assessment & InfrastructureQLD
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorOther
- FTDigital Technology ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther