If you're on an older version of Windows or a GeForce GTX 600- or 700-series graphics card, your final Game Ready driver arrives on August 31.
Microsoft's final Windows 7 update added a bug that turned some wallpapers black, so it's preparing yet another final patch to fix it.
Researcher Brian Krebs is reporting that a major vulnerability affecting Windows' CryptoAPI service could allow malware to hide as a legitimate app.
PCs running Microsoft's Windows 7 exit support in January 2020. Here are your options, from staying put to upgrading.
If you're wondering how to transition from Windows 7 to Windows 10 once support ends in January, PCMover's Laplink Express can help. But there are a few catches.
The PC market grew in the third quarter of 2019 year over year, largely due to looming tariffs and the end of the road for Windows 7.
The National Security Agency has joined Microsoft in warning that a recent vulnerability for Windows 7 and Windows XP is "wormable" and can be exploited by malware without user intervention.
Antivirus makers Sophos and Avast are warning users that installing a recent Windows update may cause their PCs to lock up or fail to boot.
Microsoft is porting DirectX 12 to Windows 7 on a game-by-game basis. The first game to deliver will be World of Warcraft, with others to follow.
By giving advance notice that users may see pop-up warnings, Microsoft hopes to gently steer Windows 7 users into transitioning to Windows 10.
Microsoft's shift to an updated, more secure hashing algorithm for delivering its patches means that Windows 7 support may expire sooner than expected.
For some, two of the best products Microsoft ever produced are Windows Mobile and Windows 7 - and support for both are ending in about a year’s time.
Microsoft is releasing new versions of Windows 10 on a set schedule – and just as regularly retiring older versions from support.
There's still one way consumers can upgrade to Windows 10 for free—if they use assistive technologies. Microsoft will shut down this loophole on December 31.
A website with an image directory that uses $MFT in its name is enough to crash Windows 7 and 8 PCs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Acer Predator Triton 300 SE review: Affordable GeForce RTX performance in a slim package
- 2 Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station review: Good for venturing off the grid
- 3 Razer Naga Trinity review: The last best MMO gaming mouse
- 4 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 5 Google Pixel 5 Review: Soft Reboot
Join the newsletter!
- Pick the perfect motherboard with these 5 tips
- Sony WF-1000XM4 review: These noise-canceling earbuds have all-around appeal
- Fetch TV releases the Fetch Mini 4K set-top-box with voice activated remote
- How to watch TV on your PC
- Should you buy a used mining GPU?
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro: The cheapest way to get these new handsets in Australia
- 10 fun, funky, and ultra-cool iPhone 13 cases you can buy right now
- How to download proof of Covid-19 vaccination to your smartphone in Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies