A website with an image directory that uses $MFT in its name is enough to crash Windows 7 and 8 PCs.
A new user-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs get updates on Windows 7 or 8—but it may be more trouble than it's worth.
If you have a PC running Windows 7 or 8.1 and the latest silicon from AMD or Intel, your updates are soon to be blocked.
These Windows keyboard shortcuts will take you beyond the basics.
Microsoft takes the rather harsh step of blocking Windows updates to those who try to run Windows 7 or Windows 8 on Intel Kaby Lake or AMD Ryzen chips.
Security firm Cybereason recently announced a free anti-ransomware program for Windows 7 and up, RansomwareFree.
Does your Windows laptop work fine at home but show a ‘limited connectivity error’ at work? A few simple changes can resolve this problem.
Futuremark's new VRMark benchmark can tell you if your PC's capable of running virtual reality experiences.
Microsoft today quietly put an end to sales of Windows 7 licenses to computer makers.
Microsoft has begun yanking the long-lambasted "Get Windows 10" nag software from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 PCs.
In what appears to be a reversal of its January position, Microsoft now says that Skylake PCs running Windows 7 and Windows 8 will be covered through the normal support periods.
In what appears to be a dramatic change to Microsoft's downgrade policy, a spokeswoman says that the time to revert back to an earlier version of Windows is now just 10 days.
If you're trying to sneak in under the gun and upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 before the free upgrade offer expires, we can walk you through the process.
Business users alarmed by Microsoft's recent announcement that new chips will not run on Windows 7 PCs need not fret. More than 100 business PCs coming with Intel's new "Skylake" Core vPro processors will run Windows 7, though the chips are tuned for...
It's almost like the Windows 10 restriction was completely arbitrary from the get-go.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProduct OwnerVIC
- FTSEO SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Azure AD)Other
- CCCore Java Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Solution ArchitectOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTCRM DeveloperWA
- FTProject OfficerOther
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FTEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager - Service Migration & DataNSW
- TPSenior UX SpecialistVIC
- TPSolution Architect - RISQLD
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- FTLevel 2 Network EngineerOther
- CCSenior Project Manager - Activation and Assurance - TelcoVIC
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE - Angular 2 | Bootstrap | jQueryVIC
- FTData Analyst (Dialler Analyst)SA
- FTLean Six Sigma - BPE Design LeadOther
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- CCTest Analyst *MUST HAVE MAXIMO*NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Transmission and RAN DeploymentsOther
- CCWintel Migration ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW