Researcher Brian Krebs is reporting that a major vulnerability affecting Windows' CryptoAPI service could allow malware to hide as a legitimate app.
PCs running Microsoft's Windows 7 exit support in January 2020. Here are your options, from staying put to upgrading.
If you're wondering how to transition from Windows 7 to Windows 10 once support ends in January, PCMover's Laplink Express can help. But there are a few catches.
The PC market grew in the third quarter of 2019 year over year, largely due to looming tariffs and the end of the road for Windows 7.
The National Security Agency has joined Microsoft in warning that a recent vulnerability for Windows 7 and Windows XP is "wormable" and can be exploited by malware without user intervention.
Antivirus makers Sophos and Avast are warning users that installing a recent Windows update may cause their PCs to lock up or fail to boot.
Microsoft is porting DirectX 12 to Windows 7 on a game-by-game basis. The first game to deliver will be World of Warcraft, with others to follow.
By giving advance notice that users may see pop-up warnings, Microsoft hopes to gently steer Windows 7 users into transitioning to Windows 10.
Microsoft's shift to an updated, more secure hashing algorithm for delivering its patches means that Windows 7 support may expire sooner than expected.
For some, two of the best products Microsoft ever produced are Windows Mobile and Windows 7 - and support for both are ending in about a year’s time.
Microsoft is releasing new versions of Windows 10 on a set schedule – and just as regularly retiring older versions from support.
There's still one way consumers can upgrade to Windows 10 for free—if they use assistive technologies. Microsoft will shut down this loophole on December 31.
A website with an image directory that uses $MFT in its name is enough to crash Windows 7 and 8 PCs.
A new user-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs get updates on Windows 7 or 8—but it may be more trouble than it's worth.
If you have a PC running Windows 7 or 8.1 and the latest silicon from AMD or Intel, your updates are soon to be blocked.
Toys for Boys
MSI looks to add executive chic to a winning laptop formula
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- 2 Samsung Galaxy A70 Australian review
- 3 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 4 Moto G7 review: The new gold standard for budget buyers
- 5 JBL Free X review: Better battery life comes at a cost
Join the newsletter!
- Black wallpaper bug from Windows 7's 'final' update will get fixed
- IceGiant says its giant cooler can even tame AMD's giant Threadripper
- Google decides to 'iterate' on its deceptive favicon search plan
- The Full Nerd ep. 122: AMD's confusing Radeon RX 5600 XT launch
- Intel's Ghost Canyon NUC and Compute Element: 10 questions and intriguing facts
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Oppo Reno2 Z review
- Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Show Off
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies