Wi-Fi chip vendor Atheros Networks plans to acquire Intellon, a maker of chips for home powerline networking equipment, for about US$244 million.
Global shipments of Wi-Fi-enabled cell phones are expected to double between 2009 and 2011, at least partially due to the emergence of a slew of smartphones with Wi-Fi capabilities, according to an analyst at ABI Research in New York.
Computer scientists in Japan say they've developed a way to break the WPA encryption system used in wireless routers in about one minute.
If your hotel is an antiquated, out-of-service ocean liner that's crossed the Atlantic 1,001 times, it's nice to know that the place has steel walls as much as 3 inches thick. On the other hand, if you get there and want to fire up your Wi-Fi-equippe...
Mobile network 3 has revealed it is planning to launch a mobile Wi-Fi service in the UK before Christmas.
Disney claims its first use of an 802.11 wireless network to operate an amusement park rides is a hit.
Verizon Communications offered most of its wired broadband customers free access to Wi-Fi hotspots around the U.S. on Monday, supplementing its wireline offerings on the same day it announced a 5.2 percent drop in revenue from that business.
ABI Research forecasts that Wi-Fi-enabled health care products will hit sales of nearly $US5 billion globally in 2014, up 70% from 2009.
The first quarter of this year may have been the gloomiest ever for the wireless LAN market, with overall revenue falling about 11 percent from a year earlier, the first year-over-year drop recorded by industry analyst firm Dell'Oro.
Eye-Fi today added to its popular line of wireless and geo tagging-capable memory cards. Called the Eye-Fi Pro, the newest SDHC wireless memory card has 4GB of storage and is geared toward professional photographers and serious photo hobbyists.
Aerohive Networks has introduced for its wireless LAN products a pre-shared encryption key that it says is more secure and easier to administer than the option in enterprise Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2), the widely used industry specification for ...
The Wi-Fi Alliance has expanded its WPA2 certification program to include a tool for secure handoffs between Wi-Fi and 3G networks, as well as an authentication system that uses multiple secured tunnels.
Slow Wi-Fi connections in urban areas may be caused by baby monitors and other unlicensed devices that operate on the 2.4GHz band, says Ofcom.
A report from a regulatory authority in the U.K. has found that baby monitors, security cameras and microwave ovens are causing interference for Wi-Fi users, moreso than overlapping Wi-Fi signals.
The newly formed Wireless Gigabit (WiGig) Alliance looks likely to play a big role in the future of Wi-Fi, but its high-speed technology probably won't squeeze out wired multimedia networks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- The Evil Within 2 hands-on preview: An artistic approach to horror, and vice versa
- Google buys HTC's smartphone brains for $1.1 billion to bolster its hardware push
- Windows 10 digital ink: All the improvements with the Fall Creators Update
- Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPAurion Business AnalystQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Developer - Sterling IntegratorVIC
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTSenior Project Manager (Telecommunications)Other
- TPSAP Process ControlQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- TPSharePoint Business AnalystVIC
- FTCloud/Infrastructure SpecialistVIC
- FTLevel 3 Application Support EngineerQLD
- TPMessaging EngineerQLD
- FTUnix/AIX AdministratorOther
- FTBI - Business Intelligence, Analytics specialists & ArchitectsOther
- FTFront End UI Web DeveloperOther
- TPSolution Architect - Networks & SecurityQLD
- FTEmail Campaign Production SpecialistOther
- FTBusiness Transformation ConsultantOther
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- TPFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTApplication Support Maintenance & Patching AnalystOther
- FTEnterprise Application AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTProgram ManagerNSW