Telecommunications company, Optus, has commenced rollout of Voice over LTE (VoLTE) across its 4G Plus mobile network in Australia’s major capital cities.
Optus and Vodafone spokespeople confirmed to Good Gear Guide support for Wi-Fi Calling in Australia is coming, with Optus expected to make the announcement soon in “mid-2015”
Vodafone is switching on 4G+ network infrastructure in Victoria today and plans to enable another 71 sites within six weeks.
Australians committing to 24 month iPhone 6 contracts may not get the full value from their smartphones if carriers fail to support Wi-Fi calling.
Research firm, Analysys Mason, claims LTE in 2014 “will make the spectrum-rich richer, and the spectrum-poor just a little better off” as more operators will deploy LTE-A carrier aggregation (CA) which benefits those with multiple spectrum positions;...
Last year, Australians lost more than $2.8 million (AUD) in fake ATO scams
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 2 Moto G7 review: The new gold standard for budget buyers
- 3 Huawei P30 Pro review: A photography powerhouse that leans into and elevates its natural strengths
- 4 Panasonic Lumix S1 review: Pushing your limits
- 5 Dell G7 review: Growing pains
Join the newsletter!
- New BittBoy V3 review: The best option for retro gaming on the go
- How to protect yourself from online scams including ransomware and more
- Acer's Predator X35 gaming monitor is 35-inches of glitzy gaming excess
- Motorola's new One Vision smartphone looks as smooth as a Pixel 3a (and cheaper!)
- Tic-Tock: Moboi's Wear OS smartwatches are on sale
PCW Evaluation Team
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
- Best Australian Amazon Prime Day deals
- Oppo Reno 5G review: Big Deal
- Panasonic Lumix S1 review: Hands-On Australian review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies