While the idea of network virtualization has been around a while, it has not been adopted in the enterprise as quickly as virtualization for servers. Now, VMware, one of the biggest proponents of virtualizing the entire data center, is touting one ta...
VMworld 2015: VMware touts new technologies for managing containers and live migration of virtual machines
At the VMworld conference in San Francisco, VMware demonstrated how to move a live virtual machine across two different data centers, and showed off its new container management software.
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's designed for cloud computing.
VMware has assembled a package that combines its desktop virtualisation software with its tools for managing mobile devices, giving administrators a unified suite to manage all of their end-users' application requirements.
Click through all the products being released at VMworld this week
"Brave" is the current watchword for virtualization software giant VMware.
VMware wants to bring enterprise-class reliability to OpenStack by releasing a distribution of cloud hosting software that runs on top of the virtualization stack.
Three of technology’s latest ‘movers and shakers’ share lessons at VMworld 2013 closing session, talking Romo robots, MaKey MaKey and MakerBot.
The jam-packed VMworld show this week in San Francisco has been VMware's launchpad for flights deeper into storage, an area that the company thinks is due for more virtualization.
Click through to see all the latest from the show in San Francisco.
VMware's big splash in software-defined networking with its NSX network hypervisor comes with partnerships already in place to flesh out its virtual networks.
Dell has been relatively quiet about its modular data-center products, but on Tuesday it showed off a new design it has started selling to large "hyperscale" customers, which include big Internet firms like Microsoft and Facebook.
Verizon Business is tapping into the popularity of VMware technology with a cloud computing service designed to let customers easily move workloads between their own infrastructure and Verizon's cloud.
VMware announced a new program on Tuesday through which service providers will offer pay-as-you-go computing services similar to those from Amazon Web Services.
VMware this week had to reassure industry observers that it will not ban competition from the VMworld conference, after bloggers took the company to task for releasing a policy change that appeared to prevent competing vendors from demonstrating prod...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTInformation Security ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- FTTest CoordinatorACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence / Datawarehouse DeveloperSA
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerQLD
- FTData Analyst | $51 p/hrVIC
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- TPSenior Developer - API - Data ReportingNSW
- FTSenior IT Project ManagerSA
- FTL2/L3 Desktop Technician - FIFOWA
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTProject Coordinator - Digital Applications (IT)NSW
- FTSenior Digital Developer - SitecoreQLD
- FTDatawarehouse DeveloperSA
- FTFrontend developerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- TPEOI - Developers and Tester (APS)ACT