VMware said Monday it will cut 900 jobs in a move to focus more on high potential businesses, as profits remained strong but growth slowed.
Virtualization software provider VMware has invested US$30 million in Puppet Labs, which makes a widely used, open-source operations management software package called Puppet.
Longtime VMware Chief Technology Officer Steve Herrod has stepped down from his post, leaving the company during a challenging time.
Infor has teamed up with VMWare to help customers of its Infor10 LN ERP (enterprise resource planning) software run on VMWare's latest virtualization technology, opening a door to private cloud deployments and potentially lower infrastructure costs.
VMware warned on Sunday that more of its source code for its ESX hypervisor technology could become public after another batch of code was released by a hacker.
Redis, an open source in-memory data store maintained by VMware, has been upgraded to be more stabile and make more judicious use of memory, two traits that should make it more appealing for enterprise deployments.
Salesforce.com's Heroku division has launched a stand-alone version of its PostgreSQL-based database, giving developers a "battle-tested" way to build applications with the cloud platform of their choosing, the company announced this week.
SAP customers seeking to move from traditional deployments to a private cloud architecture have a new option from Accenture, the companies announced Wednesday during the Sapphire conference in Madrid.
Software AG's WebMethods middleware and ARIS process modeling tools are now certified for deployment on Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud and VMware, the company announced Tuesday as part of an update on its overall cloud strategy.
VMware is no longer a member of the Java Community Process SE/EE Executive Committee, but Twitter has joined, according to election results finalized this week.
VMware is launching the Rapid Desktop Program, which allows OEMs to build pre-configured appliances for desktop virtualization, making it easier for enterprises to start using the technology, the company said at VMworld in Copenhagen.
At VMworld this week, VMware demonstrated vCenter Operations for View, an upcoming management tool that will allow enterprises that have rolled out virtual desktops to get more insight into how their environment is performing and possible problems.
VMware and Nvidia will work together to implement the graphics company Quadro's Virtual Graphics platform on VMware’s View virtual desktop platform in order to allow more users to ditch the traditional workstation.
Telefonica and Verizon in a few months will become the first operators to offer Android phones running VMware's mobile hypervisor, the companies announced Wednesday at the VMworld 2011 Europe conference in Copenhagen.
VMware hopes to simplify management and help enterprises virtualize more of their infrastructure, with new and updated software suites announced at VMworld Europe in Copenhagen.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCManual and Automation TesterQLD
- FTSenior Contracts Administrator- Construction BackgroundOther
- FTBusiness Development ManagerOther
- FTFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTERP Reporting AnalystOther
- FTProject Manager - Microsoft Dynamics AXQLD
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTSecurity Engineer - SIEMNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTTest AnalystOther
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTSCCM Engineer / SpecialistOther
- FTProject Coordinator - Digital Applications (IT)Other
- FTRadio Communication TechnicianOther
- CCDevOps Team LeaderNSW
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- CCEUS Junior Application Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Siebel - Canberra / MelbourneOther
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- CCWintel Infrastructure EngineersACT
- TPPrincipal Test Lead - SAPQLD
- FTICT Procurement and Contracting SpecialistOther
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD