Microsoft is bolstering its cloud presence with its Office 365 cloud application suite and believes it has more to offer enterprises than Google has with its own online applications, a Microsoft executive said on Thursday.
VMware wants people to be able to access enterprise applications with the same ease and flexibility they enjoy from Facebook and Gmail. That is, on any device, without a thought about where the service originated.
"Virtualisation is not inherently insecure. However, most virtualised workloads are being deployed insecurely."
Oracle may own the Java trademark, but VMware is touting its own Spring framework as the best programming model for enterprise Java developers.
Last week it was Colt announcing its cloud service, a little further down the scale, Atlanta has also announced its own virtualisation strategy, tying together products from a range of vendors.
VMware plans to offer a hosted development environment that should ease the deployment of applications to cloud environments, the company announced Tuesday.
VMware is working on products that will give enterprises more control over Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, including how users are authenticated, company CTO Steve Herrod, said in an interview on Tuesday.
Vmware is set to address the problem that many SMEs find when it come to using cloud services - the lack of expertise in-house. At its VMworld Europe conference, the company is releasing the beta of a service called Go Pro, which will enable customer...
The future for IT lies in automating as much as possible of the infrastructure, allowing users to self-provision applications, all in a mixture of virtualized private and public clouds, according to VMware's CEO Paul Maritz.
VMware has demonstrated a new client application for its vCenter management tools that runs on the Apple iPad.
Rivals Citrix and VMware have taken their battle beyond technology development, even beyond marketing. Now they're working on the imaginations and psychology of potential customers and, to a certain extent, rewriting history.
Virtualization is on its way to mobile phones and could allow consumers to buy cheaper smartphones, download a wider variety of apps, or have a single device for both personal and businesses use, according to executives from VMware and other vendors....
Orange Business Services has formed an alliance with Cisco, EMC and VMware to help enterprises adopt private clouds, the company said on Monday.
Weighing in on a seemingly perennial question asked by system administrators, IT analysts Osterman Research is recommending that virtual machines be defragmented just as often as physical drives.
Orange Business Services appears poised to become a cloud service provider using pre-integrated "VBlocks" from Cisco Systems, EMC and VMware.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- Radeon Vega Frontier Edition: Benchmarks and behind-the-scenes AMD interview
- Hands-on: AMD's Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs Nvidia Titan Xp
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSharePoint DevelopersOther
- FTSEO Specialist/ SEO ConsultantNSW
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- CCData ArchitectVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTWintel Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTIT GraduateACT
- FTERP Reporting AnalystOther
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTResource AnalystOther
- TPSenior Business Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- FTPrincipal ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst | PermanentQLD
- FTMid-Sr level Product Manager / Project managerOther
- FTEmail Marketing Specialist/ Campaign SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - SuperannuationOther
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTTransition Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- CCTechnical Support - L2 with NV1 OR NV2 clearance (current / inactive).VIC