The ability of television viewers to control and watch programs may be at stake when the U.S. Supreme Court hears arguments Tuesday in a copyright infringement case brought by TV networks against Aereo, a service that streams over-the-air television ...
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has filed a lawsuit against the defunct file-sharing website Megaupload and its founder, Kim Dotcom, alleging "massive copyright infringement" of music.
Google wants to put its Glass headmounted computer system to work.
Yahoo said Wednesday it was encrypting traffic flowing between its data centers, several months after leaked documents revealed the government had been sniffing those links.
An actress in an anti-Islam movie trailer has filed for a contempt of court order on Google for its alleged 'near-total disregard' of an appeals court's order asking it to take down copies of the video from YouTube.
A U.S. government effort to encourage agreement among copyright holders and Web-based services on how to improve the notice-and-takedown process in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act began Thursday with some disagreement about what direction the di...
Red Bull Racing is interested in the possibilities presented by 4K video.
Google and Viacom have settled a 2007 lawsuit in which Viacom originally demanded US$1 billion from Google for what it said was massive copyright infringement on YouTube.
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office is looking for ideas on how to improve the controversial notice-and-take-down provisions of the 1998 Digital Millennium Copyright Act, amid complaints that the current process is cumbersome for small musicians and...
Unify has set a timetable for the launch of its Project Ansible unified communications product, with beta testing scheduled for May.
An assortment of video ads will soon start appearing in Facebook users' feeds as the company grasps at a larger slice of the lucrative TV advertising market.
Google has been allowed by a court to keep a controversial film trailer that mocks the Prophet Muhammad on YouTube, but the video has to be scrubbed to remove the performance of actress Cindy Lee Garcia, who claims infringement of her copyright.
An appeals court in the U.S. has ruled that YouTube should take down the controversial "Innocence of Muslims" video that sparked off violence in many countries in 2012, reversing a district court's denial of an injunction against the video sharing si...
Microsoft will demonstrate on Tuesday how Lync and Skype users will be able to communicate via video conferencing, the next stage of the integration between its enterprise unified communications server and its consumer IM and IP telephony network.
As Google unveiled its first videoconferencing hardware on Thursday, it also introduced software with partner Vidyo that can bring together employees in video meeting rooms and users of Google+ Hangouts.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HTC's Vive VR headset will use WiGig to ditch its cumbersome cables
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Intel's massive 18-core Core i9 chip starts a bloody battle for enthusiast PCs
- In Win's Winbot is a robotic interactive PC case
- Nvidia's Max-Q finally gives you GeForce GTX 1080 graphics in a thin-and-light laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT
- FTIT Systems Specialists - Collaboration SystemsNSW
- CCTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- CCSecurity Analyst - Large Federal DepartmentACT
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- FTApplication Support EngineerNSW
- FTData ScientistACT
- FTLooking for Lead Solution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Systems Administrator-Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- TPServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- CCSSIS / SSRS DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- FTService Implementation Manager BIMNSW
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTChange ManagerQLD
- CCWintel Support EngineerVIC
- FTData Analyst - BIQLD