An ultraportable that competes with the big boys by focusing on what’s important to a notebook
A stunning little laptop with an almost borderless screen and a solid body
ultraportables in pictures
Asus Zenbook 3 is a colourful ultraportable that feels exceptionally well built and is aimed at the corporate market. It's not cheap but it packs in quality features, promising decent battery life in a 12.5-inch product that you can carry around in a handbag if necessary.
We’ve seen a few Aussie ultraportable lappies lately but this is the cheapest. Is it the best?
The Toshiba Portege R600 is the lightest fully fledged notebook on the market at just 950 grams. It’s also deceptively strong and durable. In this slideshow we go beneath its exterior and expose the components that make it tick and the design tricks that go into making something that's so light yet so strong.
Advanced Micro Devices on Monday said it had started shipping the dual-core Athlon Neo processor for thin and light laptops, upping the ante in its battle with rival Intel, which offers processors for similar laptops.
In an attempt to upset the netbook applecart, Lenovo on Monday planned to introduced a small and affordable laptop that can deliver full PC functionality without compromising features.
Intel may introduce ultra-low-voltage processors for inexpensive thin laptops later this year, which could help it compete with Advanced Micro Devices in the space.
As users eagerly await tablets from companies like Apple and Microsoft, Fusion Garage jumped ahead with the demonstration of JooJoo, a handheld Internet and entertainment gadget with a 12.1-inch touch screen. Tablets are a new category of handheld de...
Netbooks are starting to look like ultraportable laptops, while some ultraportables are beginning to resemble netbooks. In a tight economy, the question arises: Should you keep costs low by buying an inexpensive netbook, or spend a few hundred dollar...
Toshiba today launched what we think is the sexiest 10.1in netbook on the market: the copper-coloured Toshiba NB200. This little netbook is aimed at the premium end of the market, where style and form are just as important as portability and function...
The Toshiba Portege R600 is the lightest fully fledged notebook on the market at just 950 grams. It’s also deceptively strong and durable. In this slideshow we go beneath its exterior and expose the components that make it tick and the design tricks ...
Thinking of buying an ultraportable laptop or a netbook soon? Check out this list of upcoming portables before you open your wallet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- Hands-on: AMD's Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs Nvidia Titan Xp
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTChange ManagerOther
- TPProject Manager - Student Management SystemVIC
- FTeCommerce Project ManagerOther
- FTService Desk Analyst - Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTIT TrainerOther
- FTSystems EngineerOther
- FTProject Coordinator - Travel IndustryQLD
- FTSenior Cerner Applications SpecialistOther
- FTChange Implementation ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSenior Operations Support OfficerACT
- FTFull Stack ASP.NET DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Big Data Engineer | Media DataOther
- FTNetwork Engineer - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCMultiple Front End Developers | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js | Knockout |QLD
- FTApplication Security ArchitectOther
- FTEPAS Technical Support OfficerOther
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FTMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FTSenior Recruitment Specialist |Other
- FTNetwork Solution Architect -Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- FTEPAS Technical Support OfficerOther
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTBilling Manager, Technology CompanyOther