Surviving SXSW without Uber and Lyft had its hiccups, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Uber is getting more convenient and social with Snapchat integration and new filters, as well as the ability to set a friend's current location as your destination.
Uber today announced that some customers in Pittsburgh will find themselves in its first self-driving vehicles; meanwhile, Boston's mayor said he wants his city wants to welcome the testing of autonomous vehicles.
Self-driving Ubers are now arriving in Pittsburgh as the company tests out its autonomous car development
Uber wants to be first to market with driverless cars and replace its human-powered fleet of drivers with robots.
"No math, no surprises," Uber promises.
Uber just announced that its UberRush delivery service is now available to any business, and can be easily integrated into an existing website or mobile app.
Uber will begin real-world tests of self-driving car technology in the coming weeks, putting a custom Ford Fusion onto the streets of Pittsburgh.
Taxi payment company, ingogo, has introduced fixed fares in an attempt to change the taxi booking process by doing away with traditional metered fares.
Uber is speeding up its expansion plans for China. Over the next year, the company will enter 100 additional cities in the country.
Uber has tweaked one of the features in its app after it was shown to let sensitive trip data become publicly accessible through Google.
On Thursday, a site-specific search on Google for trip.uber.com produced dozens of links to Uber rides that have been completed and cancelled, in countries around the world including the U.S., England, Russia, France and Mexico.
The incident, and others like it, have heightened concerns around the safety of Uber and its screening procedures for drivers.
A California judge has decided to allow Uber drivers in California to sue the company as a group on key legal matters relating to their employment.
The mayor of New York City has reached an agreement with Uber, dropping plans for a strict cap on its growth that would have limited the number of cars available in the city.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCProject Delivery LeadQLD
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCDisaster Recovery SpecialistQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTLevel 3 Service Desk Support Engineer / Project ManagerQLD
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Configuration Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCData Migration Lead | Recruitment Focus | DocklandsVIC
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, UCS, NetAppVIC
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectSA
- TPImplementation Planner | P90 |$1300/dayQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Learning & Teaching environmentVIC
- FTSAP ISU Billing Consultant - FunctionalVIC
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Higher EducationVIC
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Technical LeadQLD
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- TPSolution Architect - Medical ImagingQLD
- FTWeb Content WriterACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Regulatory Reforms, FinanceNSW