Malicious advertisements, some of which were displayed on YouTube, redirected more than 113,000 people in the U.S. to harmful websites in just a month, Trend Micro said Tuesday.
A line of routers from a China-based manufacturer has a serious flaw that could allow a hacker to monitor someone's Internet traffic, according to research from Trend Micro.
A new malware program called Poweliks attempts to evade detection and analysis by running entirely from the system registry without creating files on disk, security researchers warn.
Fake apps dressed up to look like official ones but actually designed to steal user data are increasingly targeting Android phone users, according to a study by Trend Micro.
The 2014 World Cup has just wrapped up in Brazil and Argentina were not the only losers according to security vendor Trend Micro.
There is yet another reason to be wary of spam email about bank transfers or invoices -- it could be carrying a new, cleverly designed malware program that steals financial information.
Trend Micro has launched an initiative to help protect users from potential security threats during the FIFA World Cup that begins on 12 June.
Customers of storage and networking equipment manufacturer Buffalo who downloaded certain files from the company's website in Japan last week might have had their computers infected with an online banking Trojan.
The recent effort to disrupt the Gameover Zeus botnet includes plans for Internet service providers to notify victims, but some security researchers think ISPs should play an even bigger role in the future by actively quarantining infected computers ...
Trend Micro is warning of a phishing campaign touting a "Heartbleed removal" tool, a nonsensical product that is actually malicious software.
Like a crowbar, security software tools can be used for good and evil.
Inexpensive equipment can be used to disrupt vessel-tracking systems and important communications between ships and port authorities, according to two security researchers.
Trend Micro has launched free Heartbleed scanners for PC and Android devices.
Cybercriminals have been developing increasingly sophisticated malware that make use of Windows PowerShell scripts in an attempt to fly under the radar.
A new variant of a malicious program called BitCrypt that encrypts files and asks victims for bitcoin payments is being distributed by a computer Trojan that first pilfers bitcoin wallets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Surface Pro is Microsoft's long-awaited Surface Pro 4 upgrade, restyled as a laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectQLD
- FTDigital Developer | LAMP Stack | Digital AgencyNSW
- CCSenior Process ModellerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Communications Advisor - Australian TelcoVIC
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- FTPractise Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksWA
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelNSW
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- FTSAP HANA ConsultantNSW
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCData ArchitectWA
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC