Apple's iPhone 5 is slated for a Dec. 14 launch in China, one of the company's biggest markets, and the company's iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad will start selling in the country a week earlier on Dec. 7.
Lenovo has delayed shipment of the highly anticipated ThinkPad Tablet 2, which will now become available to buyers in December.
One Laptop Per Child has cancelled plans to release its XO-3 tablet, although technology from that project could still be used in other products, OLPC Chairman Nicholas Negroponte said.
Amazon.com has opened its Maps API to all Kindle developers, who can now use it to integrate maps in their applications for the Kindle Fire family of tablets.
Sales of tablets in China are growing at 63 percent annually, and analysts expect demand to carry on growing.
Facebook is going to great lengths to encourage its staff to switch from the iPhone to Android.
DataWind, the vendor of India's low-cost Aakash tablet, said it was not under any contractual obligation to assemble the product in India.
The combination smartphone-tablet Samsung Galaxy Note II has proven more popular than analysts had expected.
Microsoft will support its Surface RT tablet with updates, including security patches, until April 2017, or nearly four-and-a-half years after its launch.
The US Patent Office has published the patents that Apple filed when developing the new Panorama camera app in the iPhone.
Telstra, Optus and Vodafone will sell Apple's Wi-Fi + Cellular iPad mini in "the coming weeks", while the latest 4th Generation iPad is available through all three carriers now, it was announced today.
Apple has won a patent for an advanced journaling system that can add timestamps and geotags to any event on an iOS device, including phone calls, app downloads, and each time a song has been played, for example.
Samsung Electronics has alleged that three recent products from Apple, including the iPad mini, infringe on its patents.
Although Google and Microsoft don't exactly get along, that hasn't stopped Skype from updating its Android app with tablet support and improved audio quality.
At long last, third-party Lightning-connector accessories, for the latest generations of iPhone, iPad, and iPod, are starting to hit the market, and those add-ons form the bulk of this week's accessory roundup.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Titan Souls is free for Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime subscribers
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSSIS / SSRS DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem Support Analyst, ERPNSW
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPSupport Engineer (Security Tools)VIC
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- TPLevel 1-3 Helpdesk OfficerQLD
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Initial 6 Month ContractNSW
- CCConsultant - Hogan Health CheckQLD
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - SharePoint developerQLD
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager (Applications) - 2 positionsQLD
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTProject Coordinator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC