Now that Symbian has fully opened its source code to the public, will it lead to an avalanche of mobile operating systems opening up their codes as well?
Google is adding some basic mobile device management capabilities to Google Apps that will let IT managers remotely wipe data from lost iPhones.
Symbian has completed the process of open sourcing its entire code base, in advance of its June deadline.
Sony Ericsson has launched another Symbian-based smartphone, the Vivaz, which supports video recording at 720p and comes with an 8-megapixel camera.
Nokia has turned in its proposal for the user interface in Symbian 4, with the goal of developing an interface that can compete with the iPhone and Google's Android OS.
Symbian Foundation, responsible for development of the Symbian mobile OS, is readying its Symbian^3 and Symbian^4 versions of the platform, with version 3 likely to be feature-complete next month, a Symbian blogger said this week.
Symbian's future on Nokia's smartphones has been questioned lately, but Nokia's support for the OS remains unchanged for the foreseeable future, CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo said during a keynote at the company's Capital Markets Day on Wednesday.
In an updated forecast on how smartphone operating systems will fare in 2012, Gartner Inc. has moved the Apple iPhone OS to fourth place, slightly behind the BlackBerry OS.
Microsoft has launched OneApp, which allows cheaper phones from Nokia and Sony Ericsson to access social-networking services like Facebook, Twitter and Windows Live Messenger, the company announced Monday.
Microsoft and Nokia are working together to put a version of Microsoft's Office productivity applications on Nokia handsets, the companies said Wednesday.
The Microsoft-Nokia alliance plan to put Office applications on Nokia smartphones isn't a good sign for the Windows Mobile operating system.
The first worm that spreads between mobile devices by spamming text messages has developed a new communications capability that one security vendor says signals the arrival of mobile botnets.
The Symbian Foundation plans to launch a publishing platform later this year aimed at helping developers to get their programs into mobile application stores.
Nokia has denied today reports that the Finnish company is working on a mobile phone running on Google's Android mobile operating system.
The Symbian Foundation expects to begin beta testing of a new version of its mobile phone operating system within the next few weeks. Symbian, the first version of the software since the foundation said it planned to go open source, should be ready f...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
- Newegg is selling a pure sine wave UPS for just $125 right now
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- FTSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperQLD
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst/Project Manager | PermanentQLD
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - MurwillumbahNSW
- FTSystems EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTManager - Commercial ClientsACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - SharePoint developerQLD
- CCPega DeveloperSA
- TPPrincipal Portfolio Officer - One Month Contract - DSITIQLD
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTData Analyst/ Reporting AnalystQLD