It's been nearly four years since SAP got into enterprise mobility with the acquisition of Sybase, but many customers still don't quite understand its mobile product strategy, according to a new survey by the Americas' SAP Users' Group.
SAP is planning to rely heavily on HTML5 and open standards within its products for building mobile applications, and is embracing the concept of BYOT (bring your own tools) in order to draw interest from developers.
SAP's flagship Business Suite ERP (enterprise resource planning) software is now able to run on top of the vendor's HANA in-memory database, in a move that stands to open new frontiers of competition with the likes of Oracle, IBM and Microsoft.
Sybase CEO John Chen is leaving SAP, roughly two-and-a-half years after SAP acquired the company for its database and mobility technologies, SAP announced Tuesday.
SAP is expected to make a slew of announcements related to in-memory computing, mobile applications and cloud-based services on Wednesday during the Sapphire conference in Madrid.
Now that SAP's roughly $US6 billion acquisition of Sybase has gained clearance from European regulators, it may not be long before the deal is finalised. With that in mind, users and partners of the companies have much to consider during the next few...
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Join the newsletter!
- Origin EON17-X review: This monster gaming laptop challenges high-end desktop PCs
- MWC 2018: Intel and Huawei to showcase 5GNR public interoperability demonstration
- MWC 2018: Intel confirms OEM collaboration on 5G PCs
- HP Mixed Reality Headset review: Software shortcomings make a robust headset feel unremarkable
- Intel expects PCs with fast 5G wireless to ship in late 2019
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java/J2EE, Angular and REactVIC
- FTTest Analyst - RiskOther
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- CCITS Desktop / Support SpecialistNSW
- FTField ConsultantOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst | Financial ServicesQLD
- FTProject SpecialistSA
- TPBusiness Analyst - Health PASQLD
- TPTest Analyst - AutomationQLD
- CCScrum Master Lead - Online DigitalVIC
- CCDynamic CRM DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Scrum MasterOther
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTSAP HR Functional ConsultantOther
- FTCommercial Contracts AnalystOther
- FTMultiple Angular ExpertACT
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- FTSAP Functional Analyst- Time Management, VIM, BPC, HCM FioriOther
- FTSAP Test AnalystsOther
- CCSoftware Engineer /.NET Developer - based in PerthWA
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- TPDelivery ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Operator - Order Support CentreOther