In the latest example of Microsoft partnering with a major competitor, the company has struck a deal with Dropbox to improve interoperability between Office and Dropbox's cloud storage and file sharing services for consumers and businesses.
Samsung Electronics has acquired Proximal Data, a developer of software that caches I/O in the server virtualization layer, to boost its SSD offering in the server market.
Dropbox isn't satisfied that its cloud storage and file-sharing service has more than 300 million subscribers, so it's actively seeking partnerships to grow its user base, landing HP and Acer on Tuesday.
EMC has continued its push into hybrid Clouds, buying three startups and introducing a package of hardware, software and services for getting a Cloud up and running.
Microsoft will no longer try to "one up" competitors in cloud storage, opting instead to eliminate the ceiling for consumer and business subscribers of its Office 365 suites, a move that will put it on par with some vendors and ahead of others.
EMC has confirmed it will purchase the bulk of Cisco's stake in VCE, the companies' joint venture in converged infrastructure products.
Western Digital’s My Passport Wireless is a Windows- and Mac-compatible, portable hard disk drive intended for the wireless offloading and consumption of data.
Box has acquired a medical image viewing startup as part of its strategy to beef up its cloud storage and document management capabilities for health-care companies.
Microsoft wants to promote the use of OneDrive for Business among Office 365 customers, so it's building links between the work cloud storage service and Outlook Web App (OWA), the suite's browser-based email interface.
Japan's TDK is showing for the first time its prototype of a new memory chip technology that is seen as a promising replacement for today's ubiquitous flash memory.
Taking a cue from Hewlett-Packard and eBay, Symantec is said to be in talks to carve out the company into two entities.
VCE is expanding its line of all-in-one cloud systems, adding one with all-flash storage and offering more options for enterprises that want an easier path to the cloud.
IBM will extend its Elastic Storage technology with two new products as the company moves to offer software-defined storage in several forms.
Box foresees a significant jump in usage of its iPad and iPhone app resulting from one of the new extensions Apple will launch with the new iOS 8.
Facebook is releasing mcrouter, its software for turning many cache servers around the world into one distributed system, as open source.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's excellent C920 webcam is just $50 today
- Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X review: A good gaming headset with one killer flaw
- Sennheiser GSP 350 review: A gaming headset that sounds a lot better than it looks
- Sennheiser Game Zero review: This headset's sound quality justifies its price
- Acer's gorgeous 35-inch UW-QHD curved monitor is available for preorder at $1,100
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Citrix Engineer / LeadNSW
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTSupport OfficerSA
- TPEOI - JAVA DeveloperACT
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Systems Administrator-Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)WA
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Analytic Solution DesignersACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTReport Developer and Visualisation AnalystQLD
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Solution ArchitectSA
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW