Despite an Android onslaught, "antenna-gate" and "glass-gate", Apple has managed to design its way into the top five handset makers for the first time, bouncing Sony Ericsson out of the game as the Cupertino firm enjoys growing mind-share.
One of the best parts of our job is looking at hundreds of products every year. Many perform well, some are silly, and a select group rises above the pack. Here are the hardware, software, services, sites, and apps that we decided - after much discus...
The Sony Walkman cassette player took one step closer to the grave on Monday when Sony announced it would stop selling the portable music player in Japan. The company stopped manufacturing the cassette playing Walkman for the Japanese market in Apri...
Sony is considering employing Google's Android operating system in more consumer electronics devices, it said Thursday, shortly after launching its first televisions using the software.
Sony Ericsson announced today that it's cutting the cord with the Symbian operating system, a move that may put the platform on life support. Sony Ericsson's withdrawal of support for the mobile OS means that the only major player left building phone...
Thinking about grabbing one of Sony's new Google TV-powered high-definition television sets for the holidays? The electronics maker recently unveiled its first round of Google TV products including four HDTVs ranging from 24- to 46-inch screen sizes...
Like the idea of Google TV, with its web browsing, applications and powerful search, but don't want another box sitting around your TV? Then you'll love the new HDTVs Sony unveiled at a press event in New York today. They incorporate the same Google ...
If you need to justify a pricey 3D TV, you can give Activision a pat on the back for adding 3D support to Call of Duty: Black Ops when it ships early next month. For those keeping score, it'll be included in all three versions, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.
Nokia will soon be the only manufacturer using the Symbian mobile operating system, as Samsung is the latest to announce it will stop making phones that run Symbian. The news comes shortly after Sony Ericsson said it will also stop making Symbian dev...
Japan's console and handheld gaming market saw sales drop 13 percent in the April to September period as consumers cut back on software spending and sales of new consoles slowed.
The Web page once reserved for Google's Nexus One phone is now a monument to Android phones in general -- or at least the ones Google likes best.
Google is the "world's most attractive employer" based on a survey of 130,000 career seekers with an education in business or engineering, according to Universum, a consulting firm that focuses on employer branding.
Sony will launch an external Blu-ray Disc rewritable drive this month that can burn BD-R discs that support 6X speed, but users hoping for fast transfers might encounter a bottleneck in the form of their computer.
Sony began pushing out a firmware update for the PlayStation 3 that will allow the consoles to play 3D Blu-ray Disc titles.
Sony's long-promised 3D Blu-ray update for the PS3 rolls out today, sooner than originally expected, and all it'll cost you is the time it takes to apply a firmware update.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- How Google Assistant, Home, and Lens will completely change the way you search
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTQueue ManagerACT
- CCSQL Analyst DeveloperNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTDemand Release ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, UCS, NetAppVIC
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTField Technician - Radio communication serviceACT
- CCXML DeveloperVIC
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- TPSenior Business Systems AnalystQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- FTReport Developer and Visualisation AnalystQLD
- CCSupport Contract Officer - NV2ACT
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW