This "social magazine" iPad app works best when the reader-generated material is actually interesting
Sony Ericsson's T715 mobile phone is an inexpensive, entry-level slider handset with built-in Twitter and Facebook apps
Microsoft's Kin One has slick software, but unimpressive hardware
A social-networking aggregation application for the iPhone, Vodafone Update combines Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn and Twitpic accounts into one interface.
This social-networking phone doesn't have a great design, but it offers good value for money
social networking in pictures
You probably either love Twitter for its quirkiness and brevity or see it as a pointless waste of time. After nearly a decade on the social scene, Twitter still needs to improve its user experience and fill in notable gaps in the service. These seven problems are long overdue for a fix.
From Android M to Google Photos to the updates to Google Play, here are the most important announcements at Google I/O 2015.
Check out what actually happened at Google’s big annual shindig in San Francisco.
A look ahead to this week's Big Google Thing in San Francisco on May 28 and 29.
Facebook is taking steps to ensure that founder Mark Zuckerberg stays connected and in control at the social network even as he pursues other goals related to charity and research.
Australians are the first in the Asia-Pacific region to experience Moments, Twitter’s new feature that collects trending Tweets specific to the categories of news, sports, entertainment and fun.
The Zuckerberg Chan Initiative will focus on personalized learning, curing disease, connecting people and building strong communities.
Microsoft announced a smorgasbord of improvements to its Yammer enterprise social network today focused on helping people connect more easily with their teams.
Now you can really vent next time you want to say something privately on Twitter.
Weddings. Job promotions. News articles. Facebook thinks it knows what the best stories are to drop in your news feed. But some users might want to see things their own way.
You just left cocktail hour or a networking event and forgot to grab a business card from the person you'd been chatting with. Don't kick yourself. Instead, log on to LinkedIn to do some cyberstalking. It's a much better resource than Facebook, becau...
Instagram cut ties with Twitter this week, which means your photos will no longer display properly. Here are two workarounds that ensure your Instagram tweets will post unaltered.
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. ...
With more than 80 million users worldwide, LinkedIn has established itself as the premier social networking site for professionals. If you're job searching, looking to broaden your network or hunting for new partnerships, these 10 tips and tricks wil...
Despite the frothy headlines stirred by Twitter's initial public offering, tech is not in a bubble of the sort that arose before the 2000 dot-com crash.
Twitter made its IPO documents public Thursday and in the process revealed some juicy information about the company, like how much money it makes (or loses) and how much its executives get paid. Here are a few of the details we learned about Twitter ...
Part two of a two-part series. For a contrarian view, see "Why PCs, not smartphones, are best for social media sharing."
Facebook, which had been in the doghouse with Wall Street since it went public, wowed investors with its third-quarter report on Tuesday, in particular with its improvements and early results in the crucial mobile market.
Facebook is getting serious about on-the-go social networking with a suite of new features announced during the Facebook Mobile event on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Hands-on: Middle Earth: Shadow of War gets more creative with Tolkien's universe
- The Full Nerd episode 25: Core i9 review, build an Xbox One X PC, and Creative's 32-bit sound card
- Xbox One X PC build | The Full Nerd Ep 25
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Campus Solution ConsultantOther
- CCSecurity Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Support - L2 with NV1 OR NV2 clearance (current / inactive).VIC
- FTData Analyst / Reporting DeveloperACT
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTEPAS Technical Support OfficerOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTOAM Specialist | 3-6mth ContractOther
- FTSAP HANA Data Modelling ConsultantsACT
- FTSenior Program AnalystOther
- FTSharePoint DevelopersOther
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- FTContracts Admin/ Commercial Analyst- NSW Government backgroundOther
- FTNetwork Engineer - IP routing & switchingOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Applications Security ConsultantOther
- FTTeam Leader/Assistant Director Information Technology Infrastructure Services (ITIS)ACT
- FTC#.Net DeveloperVIC
- TP.Net DeveloperWA
- FTICT Programme Director – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA