Facebook, in a move that acknowledges real social issues around gender identity, has updated its site to give people more ways to express their gender.
If you think Yahoo has given up on search, think again. The company may have handed its back-end search operations to Microsoft, but Marissa Mayer thinks there's work to be done on mobile devices, particularly around contextual search.
Apparently Klout is popular.
Yahoo has acquired Wander, a startup that makes a diary app, as part of the Internet company's continuing efforts to improve its products on mobile devices.
Tech sector earnings this week stirred concerns about growth for social media companies LinkedIn and Twitter but highlighted positive trends for some networking and cloud services companies.
LinkedIn is shutting down Intro, its recently launched mobile service for connecting people over email, that raised security concerns.
LinkedIn is acquiring Bright, a startup that has developed a search technology for better matching job hunters with employers that could help to drive more users to LinkedIn's site.
As with other technology companies, the number of requests for Twitter users' data from governments worldwide has continued to rise, it reported Thursday in a report showing that it complies with requests from U.S. authorities about 70 percent of the...
Google has named a top executive from its advertising business to become the new chief executive of its YouTube service.
New figures released by Twitter on Wednesday suggest the company may be struggling to keep its users engaged, but CEO Dick Costolo has outlined some ideas to make the service more inviting.
Twitter has reported its first earnings as a public company, revealing that sales more than doubled from a year ago, though it still hasn't managed to turn a profit.
Google, Facebook and Microsoft were among the technology companies to release new figures Monday showing a rising number of requests for their users' data coming from a secretive U.S. surveillance court.
Facebook will celebrate its 10th birthday on Tuesday, an occasion likely to spur an outpouring of reflection on its past and speculation about its future.
Volkswagen of America is looking to capitalize on an expected broad use of social media by viewers of Sunday's Super Bowl.
Twitter has acquired over 900 patents from IBM, a move likely intended to settle IBM's claims that Twitter was infringing on at least three of its patents.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Intel's massive 18-core Core i9 chip starts a bloody battle for enthusiast PCs
- In Win's Winbot is a robotic interactive PC case
- Nvidia's Max-Q finally gives you GeForce GTX 1080 graphics in a thin-and-light laptop
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst / Test CoordinatorQLD
- FTApplication Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- FTProject Support OfficerQLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- FTDatabase Developer - SQLACT
- FTUAT CoordinatorQLD
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerQLD
- CCSenior Digital BANSW
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProject Manager Large ICT Enabled Business Change ProjectQLD
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Regulatory Reforms, FinanceNSW
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- TPNode.js DeveloperNSW
- PTRecords and Information Management OfficerNSW
- FTTest LeadACT
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTDevelopment LeadVIC