A task force led by the GSM Association will take a look at how SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) cards embedded in non-phone devices can be remotely programmed and activated, in an effort to expand the use of mobile broadband , the organization said ...
China Unicom plans on releasing its own Linux-based smartphone at the end of the year in China, as the company confronts sluggish revenue growth and increasing competition.
Microsoft doesn't earn billions of dollars every month by giving away its software. But even Microsoft is no stranger to offering freebies in a bid to increase customer loyalty.
Research in Motion's attitude toward mobile applications seems to be, "If you can't beat 'em, dismiss 'em."
Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile have joined forces to build a mobile commercial payment network that will let customers use smartphones as credit cards.
Google has today unveiled its Maps Navigation Beta service in Australia, offering free turn-by-turn navigation through the Google Maps application on all Android smartphones.
Two-thirds of wireless carriers say their networks are suffering due to the surge in data traffic. They're racing to apply a wide range of technical and tariff changes to cope with the problem, and with the growing customer dissatisfaction, according...
Android-based smartphones with NFC (Near Field Communication) will help turn mobile phones into wallets, but there are issues that have to be solved before that happens, according to analysts.
An Australian coder has posted explanations and videos showing a way to access some private, unmanaged dynamic link libraries on his Samsung Windows Phone 7 handset, and the registry and file system. The announcement is sparking widespread speculatio...
Verizon Business today announced a hosted service to help customers develop and deploy applications such as CRM software across multiple devices such as the iPhone, Symbian, Windows Phone 7 and, soon, Android.
The HTC Trophy will be the first Windows Phone 7-based Verizon Wireless smartphone, according to several reports on the Web today.
Dell on Monday said it will start pushing out Google's Android 2.2 OS to Streak handheld devices, which had been criticized for carrying an old version of the Android OS.
The latest version of Google Maps on Android comes with Hotspot, a new "local recommendation engine" that will help users discover places based on ratings from themselves and their friends, Google said in a blog post.
Android faces a new threat with a lawsuit that Vertical Computer Systems filed Monday against Samsung and LG.
You know how in monster movies, the lumbering creature always manages to outrun the frantically running victim? That seems to be Microsoft's hope in competing with Apple: Despite a late start and slow development, it will crush the iPhone out of shee...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTProject Manager Performance & ControlsQLD
- FTDigital Developer | LAMP Stack | Digital AgencyNSW
- FTPMO Quality OfficerNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTEmail Marketing SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- TPSolution Architect - InfrastructureQLD
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Dept of CommunitiesQLD
- CCData ArchitectACT
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTInformation Security ArchitectQLD
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperQLD
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDatabase Developer - SQLACT
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect/ Technical LeadQLD