Texas Instruments on Tuesday said its OMAP chip had been certified to unlock full 1080p movies from Netflix for smartphones and tablets based on Google's Android 2.3 operating system.
Google has asked a California court to throw out the testimony of an expert witness who said Google should pay Oracle as much as US$6 billion for allegedly infringing on Java patents and copyright.
RIM is dead.
Samsung is withdrawing a countersuit against Apple in the ongoing patent infringement battle between the two. It is not surrendering, but seems to be falling back and regrouping--consolidating its legal position and business operations.
Samsung should send a thank you note to Apple for holding back the iPhone 5 release until September.
Apple took its patent infringement suit against Samsung to the next level on Friday when it asked the U.S. District Court to issue a preliminary injunction against sales of a Samsung tablet and phones.
Japan's KDDI is installing more than 100,000 Wi-Fi hotspots that smartphone users will be connected to automatically for data services, offloading traffic from KDDI's cellular network.
Research In Motion's board of directors has agreed to form an independent committee to study aspects of the company's management structure, including clarifying the roles of RIM's controversial co-CEOs.
Vodafone and HTC jointly unveiled the HTC ChaCha and HTC Salsa smartphones last night at a media event in Sydney, adding some spice to the often monotonous Android phone market.
Nokia is selling its operator-branded messaging business to Synchronica, a British developer of mobile messaging software, the companies said Thursday. The business unit provides e-mail and instant messaging services to the likes of AT&T and Veri...
Microsoft signed two deals this week with companies that agreed to pay royalties for technology used in Android devices, following a similar deal the software giant made with HTC last year.
In an apparent push to keep customers from defecting to other platforms until its Windows Phones ship, Nokia is planning to upgrade <a href="http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/06/29/updates-to-symbian-3-2-and-5-0/">some of its older Symbian-based sm...
You've most likely never even heard of them, but little-known Chinese company Huawei has today revealed its lofty goal: to become a top five mobile phone supplier globally within the next two years.
Every analyst, pundit, and curious bystander is pretty much convinced that Apple will debut its next-generation iPhone in August or September. Question is, will Apple introduce one iPhone or two?
People will download more than 182 billion mobile apps in 2015, according to a new report from IDC.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Solution Designer, Investment and Trading PlatformNSW
- FTx3 Field EngineersVIC
- FTScrum Master - TechnicalNSW
- CCWeb Designer - IT Graphics / UI DesignerACT
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTLevel 1 Support OfficerQLD
- FTCustomer Account Officers x3NSW
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyVIC
- FTUX / UI Designer MobileNSW
- TPSecurity AdvisorACT
- TPLevel 2/3 Technical Service AnalystOther
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Support / Desktop SupportSA
- TPNetwork and Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Change and Process ImprovementQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Dept of CommunitiesQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCData ArchitectWA
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- CCIT Systems Administrator-Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW