Sharp has approved an offer from Hon Hai Precision Industry and related companies to acquire over 66 per cent of the company’s voting stock, making the Taiwanese contract manufacturer the new parent of the venerable Japanese firm.
When you check into Japan's newest hotel, a mechanized velociraptor in a bellhop cap greets you at the front desk.
With its entry into the market of 4K high definition television sets, Sharp Electronics has elected to use Google's Android TV operating system to run the higher-end models, bringing computer-like functionality to these devices.
Charter wins Time Warner with $55 million bid...Jony Ive moves upstairs at Apple... Sharp shows off its slow-mo phone...and more tech news.
Electronics maker Sharp is showing off smartphones that can play back video at rates up to 2,100 frames per second (fps) for a smoother slow motion effect.
Electronics maker Sharp is launching what it believes is the next phase in high-definition TVs with a 4K screen that can display imagery at 8K resolution, seen as the display standard to follow 4K.
Struggling display manufacturer Sharp, reeling from fierce competition in smartphones, will push automakers to incorporate vehicle dashboards that have gestural commands, thin bezels and other next-generation features.
Former Office chief returns to Microsoft... Turing manuscript fetches $1 million... Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia talking merger... and more tech news.
Sharp has developed a 5.5-inch display with 3860 x 2160 pixel resolution, which is equivalent to "ultra high definition," also known as 4K.
Struggling electronics maker Sharp said Monday it is grappling with how to reform its LCD panel business, but has yet to make any decisions.
EMC pools assets into data lakes...U.S. bill aims at ed tech companies...leaked FTC report could free EC to act on Google... and more tech news
One of the biggest gripes with Google's Chromecast is that there's no way to control it apart from using a phone, tablet, or laptop. That can be a problem if you need to answer a phone call, your kid has run off with the family iPad, and House of Car...
LCDs aren't ideal for drawing, but you might be hard-pressed to remember that with Sharp's latest displays.
Be it telegrams or feature phones, Japan can't bear to part with yesterday's technology.
Outmoded technology dies hard in futuristic Japan.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- Amazon Prime Day returns with longer sales and even more deals
- AMD's Ryzen Pro launch reveals Ryzen 3 details
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Why is the iPhone having an existential crisis? | The iPhone Show
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSoftware Developer - Banking SolutionsOther
- FTIT Systems EngineerOther
- CCApplications Software EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Panviva Knowledge Management Project - TelcoVIC
- FTPractice Director Design – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTSystems Support EngineerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataOther
- TPSenior .NET AWS DeveloperNSW
- FTCRM DeveloperWA
- FTCloud Project ManagerOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior HFC EngineerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- FTTeam Lead Enterprise Services & InfrastructureOther
- TPPMO ManagerQLD
- FTLead UX/UI DesignerOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - SMEOther
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Program AnalystOther
- FTICT TrainerOther
- FTLevel 2 Network EngineerOther
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Developer (C# .NET SharePoint)Other