A little-publicized provision in a U.S. government budget resolution that largely prohibits four agencies from using Chinese-made IT products could backfire, several tech trade groups said.
Semiconductor Industry Association
Increased sales of electronics and new forms of computing devices will drive the worldwide semiconductor market to growth this year after a slowdown in 2012, the nonprofit organization World Semiconductor Trade Statistics said on Monday.
After several days of gains, tech stocks dropped Thursday as markets declined on disappointing news from Europe, where government officials are meeting to try to solve the sovereign debt crisis afflicting several countries in the euro area.
U.S. exchanges were volatile Friday after suffering their worst drop in more than two years Thursday, taking IT companies' shares down along with stocks in just about every other sector of the economy.
Despite an unusual earnings miss Thursday by Internet bellwether Google, continuing geopolitical turmoil and disappointing news for the PC market, IT is demonstrating continuing resilience as tech stocks in certain sectors moved higher Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- The HP ZBook x2 is a wildly powerful Surface Pro rival with a tear-off keyboard
- Don't be fooled: Windows Mixed Reality headsets are just VR headsets
- Thinking Big: Why Bold Ideas, Technology and Collaboration Help Bridge the Rural-Urban Divide
- Comodo Internet Security Pro 10 Review: It works well, but read every install screen closely
- Windows Defender review: Basic protection at the right price
PCW Evaluation Team
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSite Acquisition CoordinatorNSW
- FTSOA/OSB Integration ConsultantOther
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTAWS Data ArchitectsOther
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectOther
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- TPFront End Designer/DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior Test AnalystACT
- FTSenior SQL DeveloperOther
- FTSAP Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTOffice 365 Technical SpecialistOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst (x2)NSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst | Integrated Care ProgramQLD
- CCSCOM SpecialistQLD
- FTConfiguration AnalystOther
- FTPMO ManagerOther
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Tester - HardwareOther
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- CCWindows AdminVIC
- FTService Desk Technical LeadOther
- TPAgile Coach & Jira + Confluence AdministrationNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - Firewalls (Juniper )Other