The company's investigating whether the unit that caused the evacuation of a Southwest jet was indeed a replacement.
Replacement Galaxy Note7 smartphones are safe, Samsung said in attempting to reassure customers this week after reports that consumers in South Korea, China and the U.S. said the replacement devices were running too hot.
Samsung says the replacement phones, part of 1 million shipped now in use, are safe and not prone to catching fire.
There's some debate about whether the number can indeed be that high, and what happened to the other 10% of Note7 users -- if they've already gone to another device or just opted not to do anything at all.
Samsung's new 960 Pro and 960 Evo M.2 SSDs pack capacity and speed into tiny packages.
Sleepless nights, fickle decision making, and other intangibles may have sown the seeds for an unprecedented consumer crisis.
A top Samsung official issued an unusual video apology over Galaxy Note7 battery-related defects linked to fires and assured owners that replacement Note7 units are safe.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission late Thursday issued an official recall for 1 million Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphones.
Smartwatches in general are waning as a must-have, which is giving companies pause about again refreshing their lineup before the holiday season.
The stopgap measure is coming first to South Korea in an attempt to douse the flames of the ongoing exploding phones scandal.
Chromebooks' five-year end-of-life policy—if it holds up—could put a lot of perfectly good laptops out of commission.
Canada has recalled over 21,900 Galaxy Note7 smartphones after receiving a report of the overheating of the battery of one phone.
If you haven't opted to take advantage of Samsung's recall offer, you should reconsider.
Samsung filed for a patent in Korea that describes a phone that could run a second operating system via virtualization, giving Windows as an example. If this patent moves forward, it could give Windows apps a new life on the smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 users in Australia have been told to power down their phones and return them, after reports that dozens of the devices have caught fire amid battery problems.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTUser Experience Researcher - UX, UI, UCDOther
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- TPData Analyst/MungerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperOther
- FTSales AssociateACT
- CCGen System AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - CISCOACT
- FTLead Android DeveloperOther
- FTInstructional Designer - Digital, e-Learning, GovOther
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityNSW
- FTJunior Java developer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTiOS Developer/Team LeadOther
- FTMaster Agent - Key Sunshine Coast territoryQLD
- FTSenior Data ModellerOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperOther
- FTMobile Studio LeadOther
- TPSolution Architect | Azure | CRMQLD
- FTResource AnalystOther
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCC# Web API EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Developer | 6- 12mths ContractOther
- FTSmallworld Developer - GIS , Spatial data,Other
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD