EU justice ministers on Friday reached a partial agreement on planned new data privacy laws, but still disagree about how to implement them.
A Google representative confirmed on Thursday that the so-called European right to be forgotten will not apply to the .com domain.
Microsoft has asked the U.S. government to recognize that its search warrants should end at the country's borders, reflecting growing concern that surveillance by the U.S. National Security Agency could impact business abroad for tech companies.
Google has already received around 41,000 requests to delete links to personal information from its search results in the three weeks since a key ruling by the European Court of Justice about the so-called right to be forgotten.
After a comedic video about net neutrality became a YouTube hit, more than 22,000 comments about proposed net neutrality rules flooded the website of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, and the traffic locked up the agency's Web-based comment...
New rules governing who handles EU consumers’ privacy complaints will not be agreed this week despite being on the agenda for member states to discuss.
Three U.S. tech worker groups have launched a labor boycott of IBM, Infosys and Manpower, saying the companies have engaged in a pattern that discourages U.S. workers from applying for U.S. IT jobs by tailoring employment ads toward overseas workers.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has reportedly launched an investigation into the Federal Trade Commission's use of information from a peer-to-peer security vendor to bring a data breach complaint against a medical testing laboratory.
A U.S. lawmaker has introduced legislation that would prohibit the Federal Communications Commission from reclassifying broadband as a common-carrier utility, a move many net neutrality advocates have called for.
Advocates of strong net neutrality rules are calling for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to reclassify broadband as a regulated utility, but such a move would trigger a lengthy court fight between the agency and broadband providers, some t...
China is starting a month-long crack down on illegal content circulating through local instant messaging services.
Data brokers should give consumers more control over their personal information, and Congress should consider legislation that reins in the ways data brokers can use that information, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission is recommending.
A new document that sets out plans for a so-called one stop shop for policing EU data has been released.
China is attacking secret surveillance programs of the U.S. government with harsh words from its state-controlled press, accusing Cisco of helping the U.S. in cyberespionage.
As the dust settles on a new European Parliament, digital rights and IT lobbyists try to work out what it will mean for the tech industry.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCTesting Manager - Energy sectorVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTIntegration Developer (WebSphere Message Broker / Java)SA
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTSalesforce Marketing ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTOperations Manager - NV1 Cleared - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - SharePoint developerQLD
- CCTechnical WriterVIC
- FTPMO Quality OfficerNSW
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTSupport Analyst - TallymanVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- TPIT Security SpecialistVIC
- TPNetwork and Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCGraduate DeveloperQLD