In the romantic city of Barcelona, cellular and Wi-Fi are getting set up on a lot of dates this week.
Intel executives have conceded that they still haven't caught up with Qualcomm in designing processors for smartphones and tablets. But with new "SoFIA" Atom X3 systems-on-a-chip (SoCs), along with the new "Cherry Trail" Atom X5 and X7, Intel's getti...
Japanese mobile carrier NTT DoCoMo has developed an app that can wirelessly send authentication credentials to devices that are not connected to the Internet, allowing more hardware to get online or query the cloud.
Qualcomm wants to help future mobile devices learn about their users, by putting cognitive computing capabilities into its next mobile microprocessor, the Snapdragon 820.
A chipset Qualcomm is introducing at Mobile World Congress next week is likely to make mobile operators happy and some Wi-Fi fans nervous.
Samsung pushes into mobile payments with LoopPay acquisition ... Qualcomm getting set to roll out 64-bit mobile chips ... Ex-GM CEO warns Apple off the car business ... and more news.
Android and Windows smartphone users will experience a new level of performance with Qualcomm's flagship Snapdragon 810 chip, set to go into devices later this year. But the company is teeing up an even faster and more power-efficient successor, the ...
Qualcomm is planting the seeds for 4K video and faster LTE speeds in more affordable smartphones with its new Snapdragon 620 and 618 processors, which will reach devices in the second half of this year.
Obama headlines Silicon Valley cybersecurity summit ... Xiaomi starts up in U.S. ... Expedia fights off Google ... and more news
Just days after settling with the Chinese government over claims it abused its market dominance, Qualcomm may be investigated in South Korea over the same issue.
The Wi-Fi Alliance warned that LTE on unlicensed frequencies could interfere with Wi-Fi and said it plans to collaborate with the 3GPP cellular standards group to help prevent that.
Qualcomm pays $975 billion fine in China ... HP buys cloud security company ... Now you can set up a drone no-fly zone ... and more news.
China has fined Qualcomm about $US975 million for engaging in monopolistic business practices, and the chipmaker has agreed to modify some of its business practices in the country as part of the settlement.
China is said to be close to imposing a fine of more than $US1 billion on chipmaker Qualcomm, indicating it intends to protect local manufacturers who it says have been overcharged by the dominant player.
If unlicensed Wi-Fi spectrum is like a cool, independently run cafe, then mobile operators using those frequencies for LTE may sound like a corporate chain buying out your favorite spot.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTPayroll Project ManagerOther
- FTSAP ABAP DEVELOPMENT LEAD- NSW GovernmentOther
- FTSenior Program AnalystOther
- FTRadio Communication TechnicianOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Data Migration SpecialistsACT
- FTSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperOther
- FTPlatform/Technology Manager | Security & GovernanceOther
- CCSenior Internal Security Consultant - TelcoVIC
- CCAPI Platform EngineerNSW
- CCHelpdesk Support - L2VIC
- FTWintel Infrastructure EngineerACT
- CCSAP Support ConsultantNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst - Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- FTWorkforce AnalystOther
- CCSenior Infrastructure LeadQLD
- FTNetwork SpecialistOther
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCOOther
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystOther
- FTPMO Project ManagerOther
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- FTTransition Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther