A fast-spreading Russian ransom worm that locks people out of their files has found at least 2,500 victims willing to pay up to get back control of their PCs, researchers have discovered.
Storage giant SanDisk has come up with a new half-way house for consumers who want to use encryption on portable USB without diving in at the deep end.
More than a third of all malware that has ever existed was created by criminal gangs in 2010 alone according to the latest PandaLabs Annual Report.
After a mysteriously quiet launch late last week, Microsoft has released version 2.0 of its free Security Essentials (MSE) antivirus client.
The claim that the FBI planted a backdoor in OpenBSD a decade ago has been flatly denied by developer protagonists named as having been involved in the conspiracy in an email sent to OpenBSD founder, Theo de Raadt.
While the iPad is the hottest fashion accessory for the gadget freak, recent research has revealed that users might not be getting the best out of the Apple tablet.
The Chinese man jailed for writing the 'Fujacks' worm in 2006 appears to be trying to rehabilitate his public image, reportedly making made a donation to a panda research centre in the country.
A disproportionate number of people downloading the open source DIY tool being used to launch DDoS attacks on companies deemed hostile to Wikileaks appear to be based in the UK, new figures have suggested.
A teenager in Manchester has been arrested after being caught selling a 'booting tool' used to attack and kick players of the hugely popular Call of Duty online game.
Google has dived back into hardware, formally announcing its second smartphone, the Nexus S for US and UK consumers.
Antivirus company AVG has had to issue roll-back instructions to users of the free edition of its AVG 2011 program after 64-bit versions of Windows fail to reboot correctly after a mandatory update.
A conservative MP has called for UK Internet service providers to protect youngsters by introducing an age-rated opt-in system for online porn.
Women are significantly more likely than men to fall for Internet scams, a new piece of research has claimed after conducting an online test.
Microsoft should start offering Windows users free antivirus software from a range of companies and not just promote its own Security Essentials product, a rival has said.
A New York couple have been charged with defrauding a wealthy musician to the tune of $20 million (£12.3 million) after he innocently visited their computer servicing company to have a virus removed from his laptop.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The top 3 Best DDR4 computer memory RAM kits in 2017 that you can buy right now
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTLead Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCManaging Architect - Satellite - TelcoVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTTechnical Solution ArchitectSA
- FTDigital Developer | LAMP Stack | Digital AgencyNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- CCFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCMDM DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Activations Performance Analyst | $700pdVIC
- FTApplications Project ManagerQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCGraduate DeveloperQLD
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelNSW
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- CCChange ManagerWA