Customers of the Russian Sperbank might in future have to pay attention to how nervous they sound if they wish to withdraw money from the bank's ATM machines.
Whatever Microsoft ends up calling Windows 8, a press event at the Computex Show in Taiwan confirms that the company has already given the next version of the world's most ubiquitous operating system a heavy smartphone makeover.
Spammers have started setting up bogus URL shortening services to act as relay points for traffic generated by their emails, Symantec's MessageLabs division has reported in its May 2011 Intelligence Report.
The fake software pushers just won't give up. Security company Symantec has discovered a Trojan that tries to get PC users to pay for a worthless drive rescue utility by disrupting their system so convincingly they will believe that the PC's hard dis...
Kingston Technology has become the latest storage vendor to ship a flash drive based on USB 3.0 speeds with early performance tests suggest the new drive is lighting fast.
Large numbers of web browsers run out of date plug-ins that render them vulnerable to security exploits, a new analysis by security management company Qualys has found.
Far from scratching messages in Arabic on paper, Osama Bin Laden communicated with the outside world using a security-conscious mix of offline email and a large library of USB sticks, US sources have reported.
The boast by LastPass that its browser login tool "is the last password you'll ever need" has turned hollow with the news that its entire customer base will have to reset their master password after the company detected a possible attack on its datab...
Microsoft's popular free antivirus program Security Essentials has put in a mediocre showing in the latest quarterly tests from German test outfit AV-Test.org, finishing second bottom out of 22 products.
Would-be contestants of Simon Cowell's US X Factor might have got more public exposure than they bargained for with the news that the details of 250,000 of them have been lost after an attack on the TV show's database.
Mac users are being warned to study search engine results carefully for the first significant fake antivirus 'scareware' program to target the platform and its loyal following.
Customer credit card data held by Sony as part of its PlayStation Network (PSN) and Qriocity services was fully encrypted, the company has confirmed in the aftermath of last week's massive hacking data breach.
The son of <a href="http://blogs.techworld.com/war-on-error/2008/04/eugene-kaspersky--rock-n-roll-thaws-russia/">Eugene Kaspersky</a>, co-founder and CEO of the antivirus company Kaspersky Lab, has been freed unharmed after apparently being held capt...
Canonical has taken the wraps off a morale-boosting deal that has seen German insurance giant LVM Versicherungen convert 10,000 PCs to use Ubuntu Linux across the company's operations.
The tiny Zomm smartphone security 'leash' has finally been launched in the UK with the company earnestly promoting it as the best way to never leave an expensive device behind.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Infrastructure LeadQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTInstructional Designer - Digital, e-Learning, GovOther
- CCVMware EngineerNSW
- TPGateway SpecialistACT
- PTPart-time Cisco EngineerWA
- FTJunior DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTCommercial Analyst (IT Contracts)Other
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperACT
- TPHelp desk AnalystsACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst - MediaOther
- FTNetwork Engineer - IP routing & switchingOther
- FTSnr Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb Applications SupportQLD