Microsoft has been trying to persuade Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC to load the Windows Phone OS jointly with Android on future smartphones, it has been reported.
A group of scientists have warned that 3D printers can harm humans if they're not set up in the right environment, just a week after the first 3D printer was introduced to the high street.
The source code for the once-mighty Carberp bank Trojan is being offered for sale at an asking price of $50,000 (£33,000) on a criminal forum security firm Trusteer has reported.
Rising antivirus star Malwarebytes has bought putative security startup ZeroVulnerabilityLabs in an effort to broaden its appeal from simply fixing malware infections to blocking them before they occur.
Google’s UK managing director Dan Cobley has blamed LG for shortages of the Nexus 4 smartphone after angry customers mugged his upbeat 2012 review blog with a string of complaints about non-delivery.
App developers are rapidly losing interest in RIM's BlackBerry platform and setting their sights on the new big three, Apple, Android and Windows 7, a survey has found.
YapBrowser, a replacement web browser once promoted by controversial spyware company Zango, has made a sudden return, GFI Software security researcher Chris Boyd <a href="YapBrowser, a replacement web browser once promoted by controversial spyware co...
The publisher of the uTorrent file-sharing program has admitted to suffering a major security breach that allowed attackers to substitute downloads of its client for malware pushing fake antivirus software.
Researchers have uncovered evidence that the infamous Zeus login-stealing Trojan has been blended with the Ramnit worm to create hybrid malware that can attack online bank accounts while spreading across networks.
Botnet criminals have flooded the Internet with a surge of attachment spam in recent weeks in a desperate attempt to rebuild a spam-distribution industry under pressure, security experts have suggested.
An alarming number of Windows users are needlessly opening themselves up to attacks by rootkit and worm malware by turning off the User Access Control (UAC) that comes with Windows 7 and Vista, Microsoft has reported.
The in-house reputation system used in Internet Explorer 8 and 9 is markedly superior at blocking social-engineering attacks than the Google equivalent used by Chrome, Firefox, Apple's Safari, an independent test by NSS Labs has found.
One of the most controversial figures in Russia's online world, ChronoPay co-founder and CEO Pavel Vrublevsky, has been arrested on suspicion of ordering a DDoS attack against a rival firm.
The age of .com has been put on notice. After years of wrangling, Internet governing body ICANN has finally approved a dramatic expansion of top-level domain suffixes from the current 22 commonly used to just about anything an applicant can think of.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has admitted to being the victim of a cyberattack so serious that its global partner the World Bank temporarily decided to cut all computer links between the two organisations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
- Get real, Microsoft: If the Surface Pro is a laptop, bundle it with a Type Cover
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The top 3 Best DDR4 computer memory RAM kits in 2017 that you can buy right now
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FT.NET Web DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEWA
- TPSenior Web Developer/Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- TPJunior Node.js DeveloperVIC
- FTInformation Management Business Capability AnalystACT
- CCCloud Architect - AzureVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- FTLevel 1 Support OfficerQLD
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT
- FTWeb Developer - VR 3D WebGL - Lake MacquarieNSW
- FTLead ArchitectVIC