Need a mouse for your Windows 8 laptop or a keyboard for your Windows RT tablet? These devices from Microsoft and Logitech are solid options from proven peripherals vendors.
Respondents largely opted for tablets over PCs in a survey asking which computer they had on their holiday wish list.
Driven by millions of upgrades, Windows 8's global usage share climbed by a third last month, but the new OS's adoption pace remained lethargic compared to that of its predecessor three years ago.
Microsoft's Metro environment in Windows 8 and Windows RT takes the iPad approach to apps, but is it better?
If you install OCZ's latest solid-state product in your desktop or laptop, it won't show up as a separate drive that you can drag and drop data onto.
For the eighth year running, Apple again beat rival computer makers that sell Windows PCs in an annual customer satisfaction survey, a researcher said today.
Windows 8 will include a new feature that lets IT administrators provide workers with a portable Windows environment on a USB thumb drive.
Windows XP quietly turned 10 years old Wednesday, a milestone for the still-popular operating system that powers nearly half the world's PCs.
Windows 7 will be on 42% of the world's computers by the end of this year, a Gartner analyst predicted today.
Microsoft's Windows XP has slipped under the 50% share mark for the first time since Web measurement company Net Applications began tracking operating system usage.
SanDisk has introduced a new line of solid-state drives (SSDs) that it's marketing directly to retail consumers versus computer system manufacturers.
Microsoft will kick off a back-to-school promotion in the U.S. on Sunday with an offer of a free Xbox 360 game console to eligible students who purchase a Windows PC priced at $699 or higher.
Consumers may love that Google's Chromebooks will automatically deliver security updates, but company administrators will resist it tooth and nail, experts said today.
When it comes to IT, China likes to build big, whether it's the world's largest supercomputer or city-size complexes dedicated to cloud computing. Now, China is near to adding something else to its list of big tech things: the world's largest market ...
PC sales in the first quarter of this year suffered, and analysts are placing the blame on the tablet market and the disaster in Japan.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Anker's faster-charging 10,000mAh power bank is $27 right now
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSenior Data AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware TesterACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCABAP ConsultantACT
- CCProject Manager - Grant managementNSW
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTBUSINESS TECHNOLOGY PARTNERVIC
- FTIntegration & Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- TPSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerVIC
- TPAV Design Specialist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerVIC
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD