PC prices are going up due to a shortage of a number of components, and the situation isn't expected to change in the coming quarters.
PC shipments again contracted in the third quarter, as consumers continued to refuse to buy replacements for their aging machines.
Samsung wants to cram faster and more power-efficient DDR4 DRAM in laptops and hybrids with new memory chips it introduced on Monday.
Millions of people will buy VR headsets in the coming years to play games and view 3D content, and those sales could spark a real-world war among chip-makers.
HP today announced a slew of new consumer computing devices that are available to buy now. The new computers don’t run Windows 10 out of the box, but will be upgradeable once the new operating system rolls out from 29 July. Here’s the low-down on the...
Michael Dell said Monday that Dell Inc. would begin shipping Windows 10 PCs to customers on July 29, even though Microsoft seems to be saying otherwise.
I got not one, but two very exciting Macs this week. The first was a new main Mac, the replacement for my trusty 2008 MacBook Pro: A tricked-out 5K iMac.
It only took an embarrassing adware scandal that put millions of PCs at risk, but Lenovo has had a revelation: People just want clean Windows.
Following the commercial availability of Windows 8.1, Toshiba has released its 8-inch tablet, Encore.
Leap Motion, a computer hardware sensor device that supports hand and motion input, has gone on sale exclusively in Australia through Dick Smith retail stores, the company has announced.
The Chromebook can be a powerful workhorse -- here's how to replace your standard laptop for work
While Windows 8 is getting blamed for dismal PC sales, upgrading laptops and desktop systems isn't a priority for business users, according to new research.
You may not realise this when you first look at it, but Intel's Next Unit of Computing (or simply, NUC), is a powerful computer that's perfect for a huge range of exciting applications. It's a computer that is centered around an Intel Desktop motherb...
For those that call tablets personal computers, Apple Inc. is the world's top PC maker, according to research firm Canalys.
Intel expects to see more innovation in PC design in the next year than there has been since the mid-1990s.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tannenberg expands Verdun's World War I horrors to the Eastern front
- Logitech's excellent C920 webcam is just $50 today
- Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X review: A good gaming headset with one killer flaw
- Sennheiser GSP 350 review: A gaming headset that sounds a lot better than it looks
- Sennheiser Game Zero review: This headset's sound quality justifies its price
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelNSW
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- TPNode.js DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Data EngineerVIC
- FTICT Business Change SpecialistSA
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - GROUP LIFE INSURANCENSW
- TPSecurity AdvisorACT
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCCCNP Network EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC