Facebook is extending its Parse developer tools to the Internet of Things, providing software and services for bringing connectivity to home appliances, fitness trackers and other objects.
Facebook is extending Parse, its suite of back-end software development tools, to create Internet of Things apps for items like smart home appliances and activity trackers.
Push notifications -- those pesky alerts from the apps on your smartphone -- tread a fine line between being useful and annoying. Facebook wants to tip the scales toward the former.
Facebook is not your scrappy startup anymore. It's providing a host of tools for third-party developers aimed at catching bugs swiftly, more toolkit options and lending a big helping hand in app development.
Facebook has laid out big plans in recent months to simplify the app development process by acquiring Parse. But the social network actually had its eye on the cloud service company for years, and at one point the two considered a different partnersh...
Facebook is seen as a website for connecting people. Now the company also wants to make it easier for outside developers to build their apps and connect them with users, by providing back-end hosting tools.
Facebook is acquiring Parse, a cloud service company that makes it easier for developers to build mobile apps by providing them with a hosted back-end infrastructure, the companies announced Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
- This week in games: Battlefront II disables microtransactions, Total War goes to Britain
- Star Wars: Battlefront II review: The Dark Side
- iMovie 10 review: Free video editing that's elegant and easy
- Buffered VPN review: It gets the job done
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- FTTechnical Solution ArchitectSA
- FTTechnical Services AdministratorVIC
- FTManual Tester - Accounting & FinanceOther
- TPCyber Security ConsultantNSW
- CCIntel IT ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Network Designer - Australian Citizenship RequiredOther
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP EAM Functional AnalystQLD
- CCIntegration Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCArchitect ? Office 365 MigrationQLD
- FTBusiness Project Manager - Retail Store ChainOther
- TPBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Communications SpecialistOther
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- TPPrincipal PO|PI DeveloperQLD
- FTPrincipal Architect/ConsultantOther
- FTJunior Front End DeveloperOther
- TPTechnical WriterQLD
- FTHFC Capacity Planner | 6mth ContractOther
- CCSupply Master Data Analyst - Procurement & Supply Chain - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Data governance consultantVIC
- FTClass Super - Application Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Project ManagerQLD