Palm's new CEO on Thursday said he thinks the smartphone market is growing fast enough that multiple handset makers can thrive, and he also hinted at updates to come for the new Pre phones.
Palm's answer to the much-celebrated Apple iPhone, the Palm Pre, was released on June 6 via a partnership with Sprint. But it still remains to be seen when a software development kit will be generally available to leverage capabilities in the device.
A debate is heating up over Apple Inc.'s apparent threat to kill the iTunes sync feature on the new Palm Pre and other non-Apple digital media players.
Palm Inc. has "politely" cautioned a developer forum not to allow online discussions of tethering with the new Palm Pre.
Palm Inc. needs money to survive. Dell Inc. needs a handset business to compete. I think Dell should acquire Palm immediately. The union would benefit both companies, as well as investors, the industry and, most of all, users.
Just as the newest chapter in the storied history of Palm unfolds, the last remaining company founder is moving on.
Most people who hunted down a Palm Pre on Saturday want to actually use the thing, but Rapid Repair and iFixit immediately took the new smartphone apart to find out what's inside.
Not content to merely fiddle around with the Palm Pre's operating system and software, the electronics repair specialists at Rapid Repair opened up the Pre and dissected its guts.
Someone at Palm should probably be kicking themselves: The first reviews of its much-hyped Palm Pre aren't bad, but they are not incredibly good, either. This sets a pretty low bar for what coming competitors must achieve to appear more advanced than...
It's T-minus two days until the Palm Pre will hit the stores in the U.S. (with the adequate shortages) and the highly anticipated device already found its way onto a sleeve of reviewer's hands, including our own Ginny Mies.
It will be interesting to see how Apple reacts to news that Palm's Pre knows how to interact with iTunes. While not a business feature, iTunes support would make buying or switching to the Pre much easier for millions of the iTunes faithful.
For those eager to get your hands on the Palm Pre but are cautious about straying from the almighty iPhone, here's some good news: According to reports, the Pre seamlessly syncs with iTunes. The one problem is that it cannot handle copy-protected so...
A flurry of new, much more specific, details are emerging on the Web about the rumored second webOS phone from Palm.
Palm is upping its game with a new budget phone rumored to launch this fall on AT&T. Deemed to be another iPhone rival with a smaller price tag, the Palm Eos (or Pixie/Castle) sports a size 0 silhouette in a candy-bar form factor with a non-slideout ...
Palm has yet to announce a launch date for its much-anticipated Pre smart phone, but the blogosphere rumor mill is expecting a mid-May debut. If true, Palm's competitors are running out of time to develop counterattack strategies to persuade current ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- Tannenberg expands Verdun's World War I horrors to the Eastern front
- Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X review: A good gaming headset with one killer flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- FTSenior Marketing Manager | Global Technology CompanyNSW
- FTRelease / Implementation ManagerSA
- FTSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Field Services ManagerNSW
- CCSSIS / SSRS DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTChange Manager, Agile Environment, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTMobile Apps TesterWA
- FTImplementation Engineer - NetApp DATA ONTAPWA
- FTTest Manager / Test LeadQLD
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- TPSecurity AdvisorACT
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- CCData ArchitectWA
- FTDevelopment LeadVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Analyst- Port MacquarieQLD
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- TPNetwork and Systems AdministratorNSW