Try to order a 6s Plus in Rose pink from Optus and it’s sold out. Head over to Vodafone’s site and it’s the same story. The initial allocation for Rose Gold iPhones is exhausted for all capacities, whether it is 16GB, 64GB or 128GB.
The countdown to the release of Apple’s iPhone has begun as customers prep for an upgrade and carriers ready pricing.
Updated, 12pm: Network blackholes spoiling phone calls and texts are being patched using Wi-Fi following the release of Optus’ Wi-Fi Talk application.
Optus customers may be prompted to upgrade their smartphones when the carrier shuts down its 2G voice-and-text network in 2017.
Competition from broadband newcomer Foxtel has prompted Optus to discount its unlimited Internet bundles.
Woolworths will re-enter the mobile space as a mobile virtual network operator on parts of Telstra’s 3G network.
Optus and Vodafone spokespeople confirmed to Good Gear Guide support for Wi-Fi Calling in Australia is coming, with Optus expected to make the announcement soon in “mid-2015”
Customers who leave their existing telco to join Virgin Mobile will be rewarded with bonus data.
Pricing for Samsung’s next generation S6 range will start from $999 and reach $1449 when it goes on sale in Australia on 10 April.
Marking Alcatel OneTouch’s return to the Australian market is a smartphone priced below $300 and a circular smartwatch that will be priced under $200.
Free international calls can be made on the Vodafone network to countries celebrating the Chinese New Year.
Optus will fend off Foxtel’s triple threat play by discounting its unlimited Internet packages by $25 a month.
More data and unlimited weekend calls are the big benefits of Optus’ revised prepaid plans as the carrier endeavours to promote the benefits of its expanding 4G network.
Heavy revisions have been made to Optus’ insurance offering with the telco charging one flat monthly rate for all types of smartphones and tablets.
Vodafone is switching on 4G+ network infrastructure in Victoria today and plans to enable another 71 sites within six weeks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
- Ring Video Doorbell review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWeb Applications SupportQLD
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FTSharePoint DevelopersOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Transmission and RAN DeploymentsOther
- TPSenior Project ManagerACT
- TPSenior Communications ManagerACT
- CCTechnical ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Strategic Business Analyst - Modernisation ProgramNSW
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Siebel - Canberra / MelbourneACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Citrix Engineer / LeadNSW
- TPData Analyst/MungerVIC
- FTeCommerce Project ManagerOther
- FTFixed Broadband SMEOther
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- FTSenior Ruby on Rails DeveloperOther
- FTASP.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTICT Programme Director – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA