While Oracle trumpets its open source MySQL database management system this week at the company's OpenWorld conference, the creators behind MySQL's rival, PostgreSQL, have released a major new version of their rival database software.
Google's Android platform was the only operating system to gain users from May through June, a sign that Android may soon dominate the smartphone market, according to ComScore.
Google released Chrome to reignite competitive development of browsers, and now it is playing catch-up on at least one front: hardware-assisted acceleration.
It's lonely at the top, as the old saying goes, and that appears to be just as true for technologies as it is for people.
Tackling memory limitations imposed on Java applications, Terracotta on Tuesday will offer what it describes as a breakthrough in solving the "universal problem" of Java garbage collection.
VMware and Novell announced on Wednesday general availability of Suse Linux Enterprise Server for VMware, geared for use in virtualized and cloud environments.
Due to its dispute with Oracle, Google said it will not present at the JavaOne conference this year.
Rumors swirled once again this week regarding a possible takeover of Red Hat, this time by SAP, but a number of industry observers said Thursday that the prospect is unlikely at best.
As the industry call for cloud interoperability grows more fervent, open-source enterprise software company Red Hat has submitted its cloud platform, Deltacloud, to the DMTF (Distributed Management Task Force) as a potential standard for cloud intero...
There is still a way for Oracle to calm down people concerned about the fate of the Java programming language under the vendor's stewardship, according to James Gosling, known as the "father" of Java.
Two months after releasing version 2 of the enterprise edition of its open-source cloud software, Eucalyptus Systems has posted a new version of the software's base platform, the company announced on Wednesday.
The Vyatta open-source network operating system has been certified for IPv6, which is likely to become a key capability as the number of Internet addresses available under the current version of IP diminishes.
Everyone in the Linux world remembers Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer's famous comment that Linux is a "cancer" that threatened Microsoft's intellectual property.
Seemingly abandoned by its new owner, the open-source version of the Solaris operating system, called OpenSolaris, has now lost its governing board as well.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 360: Great for the Galaxy S8, not so much for the iPhone
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCPeopleSoft DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTSenior Citrix Engineer / LeadNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTData Analyst / Reporting SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Data AnalystVIC
- FTIT Security ConsultantNSW
- FTSAP HANA ConsultantNSW
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- TPProgram Governance Lead (PMO)VIC
- FTNetwork Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTWintel Engineer - Website hostingNSW
- TPLevel 2/3 Technical Service AnalystOther
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- CCUX DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA